5/29/2007

Life is so, so good. I think this year will be the most relaxing, enjoyable year of my life. My job is going fabulously. I love the kids and the family even more than I did when I was a part-time babysitter. I love hearing the girls playing early in the morning before it's time for me to wake up. I love hearing the crazy things they come up with. I love coming downstairs for breakfast in the morning and hearing the girls play and the baby excitedly saying "BA BA BA BA BAAA!"

My life is amazingly stress-free. I figured I will have my debt paid off by October. All my my paychecks go to paying off my credit cards with the exception of my budgeted $145 for incidentals (mainly gas) per month and about $350 for a class I'm taking this summer. I'm finally losing decent weight. I joined a small (and locally owned) gym close to my house that's not full of dumb sorostitutes. I eat real food, not poor college kid food. I've lost 3lbs since last Saturday (well since it's Tuesday, Saturday before last) so I'm excited. I still am pissed that I weighed myself because it's still depressing, though.

Kevin and I are doing great. We got in a huge fight a month ago and he really, really hurt my feelings. That was our make it our break it fight. I didn't want to talk to him and wasn't sure if I loved him still. I thought "I could easily dump him and move on (or try to), but how would this be fixed if we were married?" I realized that if we were married, things would just be rocky for awhile and fall back into place. He went to Mexico with his parents for a week after a week of rocky relationshipness. I was worried that I would not miss him while he was away and that would break it for us. I ended up missing him a lot. Everything came together and it was clear that I do love him very, very much.

We had "the talk" a few nights ago. We were up til 5am talking about everything we could think of that would come up in married life. Kids, how to raise them, what our days and weekends would look like, where we would vacation, nutrition, cars for the kids, how household chores and upkeep would be taken care of, what cars we would drive and how often we would buy them, healthcare for the kids (like vaccinations, namely), life insurance, investments, taking care of our parents if/when they are unable to take care of themselves, religion in the family......tons of stuff. It went very, very well.

He is under the impression that he might not do the MD/MHA program unless he can get a scholarship for the masters program. If he does not, then the plan was to get engaged in a year and get married in Sept '09. If he does d oit, the plan was to get engaged in spring '09 and get married in Sept '10. He said either way we'll likely get engaged next spring so I can have lots of time to plan the wedding. (which I will certainly need if I'm going to be knee-deep in nursing school come fall, HOPEFULLY) I have a feeling a Sept '09 wedding is in the air.

My new housemates:

Mister Matthew (pardon my skankness, I spent the day slathered in sunscreen at the playground)

the girls: (Ana and Kate)

Kilroy was here

Kate and her treasured gumboots

Those 3 make every day a pleasure to wake up to.