9/13/2007

His roommate Bryan and I used to be really good friends. We got along really well and last summer we hung out constantly when Kevin was back home for the summer. I would go hang out at their apt and we would go out to bars. THEN I stupidly hooked him up with a friend of mine who just so happened to be starting law school at OSU, same as Bryan. They ended up being in the same small class and had all their classes together. Laura & law school were the beginning of the end. He has been flat-out MEAN to me since last fall. He is rude to me or ignores me entirely. He went through a phase where he would slam his bedroom door if I walked into the apartment or into the common living area.

Through various conversations, Kevin has gathered that Bryan doesn't like ANY of his friends' girlfriends because.........they are women. It comes down to this: he doesn't want any of his friends to have girlfriends so the GFs don't take the friends away from him, yet he wants a girlfriend for attention and sex. Cool logic, ass. He used to be SUCH a great boyfriend/guy but really put himself out there too much in relationships. The last girl really burned him and now he's turned into an asshole, always wanting the upper hand and always wanting to be in control of his relationship. He grew up with all women, too, raised by his single mom and was around her friends and sisters all the time. But now he's president of his single-member He Man Women Haters Club. He has even told Kevin that he doesn't like his own girlfriend but "he tolerates her". WTF. Apparently she would "make a good senator's wife". Um, you have to be a senator first, you idiot.

So we've gotten in fights over that. Kevin believes if his friends can't get along with his girlfriend, the relationship has no future. WELL HI, it's not all of his friends, it's just this jackass. And jackass he is. Everyone can see it. Kevin bounces back and forth from "Bryan's got issues" to "OMG BUT HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU, I'M HAVING DOUBTS".

The final straw was a few weeks ago. Some of their friends from home were coming down for a fantasy football draft. He was telling me all week that I should go out with them on Saturday. The Saturday rolls around and I hear NOTHING from him. It's 9:30 at night and I ask him what's going on. He says "oh we're going out, we're leaving in 15 minutes." Oh thanks, because I live almost a half hour away AND I haven't showered or anything. So I let him know I know something's up and I don't feel welcome. He gets snotty with me and finally reveals that he had asked Bryan if Laura (his GF) was going. Bryan said "No, I don't want to be irritated." (uhh....seriously) Kevin told him I might be going and he said, "oh great, I'll be irritated." Finally through talking with me he decided NOT to go and was CONVINCED that the next day Bryan would badger him about why he didn't go, and then Kevin would say "if my girlfriend's not welcome, I'm not welcome either." Great in theory but Bryan didn't say another word about it, so Kevin didn't get to give him the business. In talking to some of their mutual friends, Kevin discovered that one of Bryan's best friends doesn't think he and Laura will last too much longer because they don't really get along. (well, they haven't gotten along the whole time and it's been a year now) Another one of their friends says he wished Bryan would grow up and said he would have enjoyed my company and misses having me around. Victory for me. Oh, and to add to the "Bryan is an asshole" thing, he was going on about how the sex is really boring with his girlfriend and he keeps dreaming about his ex (also one of my friends). Don't forget how he doesn't really like her all that much. Yet he keeps dating/sleeping with the current GF.

Oh, and Kevin and I were talking about weddings this weekend since we were at one and he mentioned that Bryan would probably be one of his groomsmen in our wedding. IN OUR WEDDING, the same frickin thing he doesn't even know if he wants. So in our wedding that currently doesn't exist in any form he wants to have a friend of his who hates me. HATES ME. No exaggeration. LAUGHABLE. I told him NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY unless Bryan goes back to being the old Bryan, and oh yeah, I thought there was no wedding.

In short:

- I miss being friends with Bryan. I miss seeking advice from him, him confiding in me, hanging out, acting stupid, making dinner together.
- Now I want to punch him in the face.
- Mostly I miss being friends with him, not just for the friends thing but for the whole not having one of my BF's best friends/roommates HATING me because I'm a woman. I can't fix that. It's not like he doesn't like something about me that I can fix, it's because I'm a woman and he doesn't like any of us. This is according to Bryan himself. It is so FRUSTRATING.
- I'm sick of all this nonsense drama, hi we're not 17 but WOW I feel like it.