10/26/2008

So I'm stressing hardcore about school next year. I planned to apply to 1 RN program back home and figured I could either find an old HS friend to live with in Canton or my dad would give me one of his apartments in my hometown. Then my mom tells me about this:

http://cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=37589 ... tegoryID=0

Apparently they should be all squared away by the beginning of 2008 according to Aultman and according to my mom's friends (she was an RN at Aultman for probably 30 years). So I figured there's no harm in applying. If I get accepted and they still aren't accredited then I just won't go there. BUT STILL! How frustrating.

I'm applying to both the online and classroom track RN programs at Columbus State. The online track application goes live on November 1 so I'm anxious to get that application knocked down. It's competitive. On average about 100 people apply and 40 get in. The classroom track is first come, first served, which is FRUSTRATING. It goes live on Jan 14 at 9am.....so I better press "send" pretty quickly. UGH. They have hundreds of applicants within the first few minutes.

OH, SIDENOTE. I frickin hate CSCC. I went to see an advisor to ask questions about applying to the online program. NO ONE WOULD ANSWER MY EMAILS OR RETURN MY CALLS SO I HAD TO GO DOWNTOWN. I asked the HEALTH SCIENCES MAJORS advisor where on the CSCC webpage the application would be and she paused, smiled, blinked a bunch, and said, "well.....I don't know. I've never had to apply to that before." (smile smile) YOU IDIOT! YOU'RE THE ADVISOR! ADVISE! IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION! DO YOU HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO TELL ME WHERE THE BATHROOM IS?

Anyway. I'm applying to an associates program at a small college in Toledo. If I end up in school in Toledo I was invited by Kevin's parents to live there for free! Sure, it will be a weird adjustment, but I like them and I feel comfortable there so it could work. I am also applying to the associates program at the University of Toledo (which reminds me, SHOOT -- I sent my high school a letter asking them to mail transcripts to some schools and FORGOT UT undergrad, ugh, now I have to call tomorrow).

I am ALSO applying to a graduate-entry MSN program at Toledo. It is DEFINITELY my top choice and I am SOOOO nervous. I have to take the GRE in December and I'm desperately trying to prepare for it. I've always rocked out on standardized tests but this thing is evil, EEEEEEVIL I TELL YOU! I'm also applying to a similar program at the University of Cincinnati. Unfortunately it takes 3 years whereas UT takes 2. If I understand correctly, I would earn a BSN from Cincy and then go straight to an MSN program from that.

My backup is an MPH program at Toledo. I'll be happy with whatever I end up with, even the MPH program but I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to get into this MSN program in Toledo. So I will freak out about it for the next 6-7 months or whatever. How frustrating. That's a LOT of freaking out to be done.