12/14/2007

Same old, same old. I started knitting, which I'm excited about and I've apparently gotten the hang of the very basics. I'm looking forward to learning even more and being able to knit things other than scarves. Kirsty (bugs) sent me an awesome knitting book for my secret santa gift and I'm excited to tear into that next month after my GRE hell is over. I'll post pictures soon of my first scarf, lovingly titled "ugly scarf". It's hideous. It's for my mom because if you can't make ugly stuff for your mom, who can you make ugly stuff for? The scarf I'm working on for my cousin is really cool and is coming along well. I'm making another scarf after this one is done for another cousin. I did a trial run by casting on a few stitches and knitting about 15 rows to check the yarn out. I'm excited for that, too. Then I'll make something NICE for my mom to redeem myself.

Things with the kiddos are great. I will admit I'm very sad to only have about 6 months or so left living here. I love them all like my own family and I will shed many tears when it's time to leave them. Matthew is toddling along very well and is unbelievably cute. He's bulking up and has managed to grow some very cute and jiggly jowls. He had his 15-month WB today and weighs a whopping 22.5lbs to go with his 31 inches of height. He is such a little peanut! Ana is currently deep in the Wiggles. Wigglemania hit our house very recently in CD form. We've branched out to library DVDs and I'm not going to lie, all 6 people in this house are entertained by the Wiggles. Kate is doing well in kindergarten and is turning into such a little girl. She has lost 2 teeth so far so now she really looks like a big kid!

Kevin and I have been doing really well lately. No blow-ups, no dramas, just smooth sailing. His roommate and his GF are in Puerto Rico this week to celebrate her graduation from OSU. Finni, Kevin's roommate, showed Kevin the ring he bought her before they left. He's proposing to her on the trip and apparently it's a total surprise, even though apparently she's been bugging him about getting engaged. They've been together a few months longer than we have, so I told Kevin that means the pressure's on. :> Apparently we're looking at settings in Jan/February to see what I want and then beyond that it's a mystery. I think it makes sense to get engaged before we fly to NC for his cousin's wedding in May, but he wants to buy in the springtime and propose in the summer. Which means either he's messing with me to surprise me or he is seriously waiting til summer to agitate me. (his words) Either one's fine by me. He asked me if I would want to take a trip with him next summer if he ends up doing the MD/MHA program (since he'll have the summer off). He wants to fly out to the west coast.....ughhh......I need to suck it up. I HATE flying, it really freaks me out. I want to take a road trip and he said he thought we could fly out to the WC, rent a car, and drive around out there. Specifically we would check out Napa Valley, woo hoo! Next summer could end up pretty awesome. Plus I want to go to San Antonio to visit my family. I might drive just so I don't have to fly, plus I'll need a car while there. Plus I won't have to fly. Mostly that.