Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why I hate being the boss- sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate being the boss- sometimes

I have to 'demote' one of my favorite employees tomorrow. I don't actually consider it a demotion- I think of it more as a 'correction'. She hated doing what she was doing and therefore didn't do it well and our enitre corporate office knew it but they kept insisting that she could do it. Finally- I went to the head honchos (se the previosu meeting discussion) and convinced them we needed help. So- the answer? They gave me the help and told me that I need to move her- all OK- but then told me I need to cut her pay. I'm so mad. I tried to get them to see that 1) she should have been removed from the position a year ago (she's been with us for 1 1/2 years) and 2) the fact that they didn't address any of these concerns and 3) it's just not a nive thing to do. didn't work-

So, tomorrow is going to be a true Monday.

UGH

Jenn

I have to 'demote' one of my favorite employees tomorrow. I don't actually consider it a demotion- I think of it more as a 'correction'. She hated doing what she was doing and therefore didn't do it well and our enitre corporate office knew it but they kept insisting that she could do it. Finally- I went to the head honchos (se the previosu meeting discussion) and convinced them we needed help. So- the answer? They gave me the help and told me that I need to move her- all OK- but then told me I need to cut her pay. I'm so mad. I tried to get them to see that 1) she should have been removed from the position a year ago (she's been with us for 1 1/2 years) and 2) the fact that they didn't address any of these concerns and 3) it's just not a nive thing to do. didn't work-

UGH

Jenn

Comment

UGH

Jenn

Comment

Truly nothing happy about that situation, even if she wasn't happy in the position. Everyone wants to be able to decide when enough is enough on their own terms-- not the company's terms.

All you can really do is be tactful and fair--- and not take her reactions personally. Far easier said than done.

I hope it goes at least fairly well. Let us know.

Wendy

Comment

Truly nothing happy about that situation, even if she wasn't happy in the position. Everyone wants to be able to decide when enough is enough on their own terms-- not the company's terms.

All you can really do is be tactful and fair--- and not take her reactions personally. Far easier said than done.

Wendy

Comment

Wendy

Comment

Jennifer,

How did it go today? I hope things went smoothly and that your employee wasn't too upset.

Kris

The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

Jennifer,

How did it go today? I hope things went smoothly and that your employee wasn't too upset.

Kris

Comment

Jennifer,

Kris

Comment

Well, it went...OK.

Today she told me that she isn't sure that she wants to do the kind of work that she would have to do. I wish she'd stay, just because she's so cool.

Oh well, as soon as these major bills are paid off-I am soooo out of there.

Jenn

Comment

Well, it went...OK.

Today she told me that she isn't sure that she wants to do the kind of work that she would have to do. I wish she'd stay, just because she's so cool.

Jenn

Comment

Well, it went...OK.

Jenn

Comment

Wow...I don't envy your situation. It must have been very hard to break the news to this friend, and it must be very difficult right now for her to accept this demotion. I think that if I were her, I would be inclined to move on to another position that brought me fulfillment.

You say that you are looking forward to leaving your position....is this one of the reasons?

Kris

Comment

Wow...I don't envy your situation. It must have been very hard to break the news to this friend, and it must be very difficult right now for her to accept this demotion. I think that if I were her, I would be inclined to move on to another position that brought me fulfillment.

You say that you are looking forward to leaving your position....is this one of the reasons?

Kris

Comment

Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X