Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cloth diapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fluffhead
    The amazing thing is when I tell friends "well you know even with the disposables, you're still shaking the stuff into the toilet" and how they just stare at me in disbelief - everybody just tosses all that fecal matter in the trash along with the never-degrading plastic.
    Not me! Besides, its a way to show them where it should end up some day and might help w/ toilet training.

I think I'll try the wipe thing.

Comment

The amazing thing is when I tell friends "well you know even with the disposables, you're still shaking the stuff into the toilet" and how they just stare at me in disbelief - everybody just tosses all that fecal matter in the trash along with the never-degrading plastic.
      I'm guessing baby poop changes at some point b/c there isn't anything to shake off...I'd have to do some serious dunk and swish action at this point!

I actually didn't know you were supposed to get rid of the poop in the toilet until recently!! And I don't know any moms here that do it! Now that I think about it....disposables seem grosser!! :!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

It gets easier to shake off as the diet changes. With the b/f diapers, I can't do it.

Comment

yeah it pretty much rolls right off.
          This conversation has gotten beyond the realm of polite company.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Sorry!!

Seriously though, thank you everyone for all the help!!
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
              Sorry!!
              no, not you, me - I can't believe I'm chatting about baby poop.
              What has become of my life
              minivans, diapers and bottles oh my
              OK. enough whining. I just taught my last class until January 2!!!
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

no, not you, me - I can't believe I'm chatting about baby poop.
                What has become of my life
                minivans, diapers and bottles oh my
                I used to whoop it up at karaoke every week!!!

So I started using the Gerber prefolds I had in the Mother-ease covers....SOO MUCH BETTER! We didn't brave overnight and I'm changing every 1-2 hours....and I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I'm a convert! Now I'm off to get some wipes!

Russ is currently refusing to do cloth...but I'm sure he'll come around eventually....maybe if I order some fancier pocket style or AIOs!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                X