Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Frick! Double Frick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frick! Double Frick!

I decided open up the stack of boxes we've been receiving over the past few weeks to get everything sorted for Christmas. 99% of the gifts are for the boys - and a couple people asked if I wouldn't mind wrapping them b/c the website they ordered from didn't offer it. ANYWAY ... 3 of the gifts are things that I bought for the boys! Now I've got to return my gifts and find new ones!

I know - it's a good problem to have, and it's good that I caught it before Christmas ... but I thought I was DONE!

Originally posted by ladybug
    Honestly, I'd probably return them and buy something for myself. It's not like they're not getting the gifts you picked out.

:@
    Whew, I was waiting for someone else to say it first so that I could just agree. :> Go get a pedicure.

Comment

What is it with people not wrapping there gifts this year? I'm getting all Emily Post here, but I'm tired of receiving things from family members with the instructions to open the box and wrap it up for the grandkids. I wrapped all my gifts for nieces, nephews and *ahem* my parents. What's the big problem?? They're retired!!!!!

And don't even get me started about grandma just sending a check for the kids. A check!!! I'm going to have to buy them stuff, wrap it, inform her and hope everyone plays along. They caught wind of the check thing recently and it was clear that they would be totally CRUSHED if they knew grandma blew them off.

Ba Humbug.

<<<<<End Total Obnoxious Hijack>>>>>>

So sorry. I'll be right there with you shopping last minute. I thought I was done as well, but recently spotted some holes in my clever child gifting plans. Back to the shops.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I *think* (shh....don't jinx it) I finished today. Pretty good since I started last Wednesday online and didn't set foot in a store until Friday. Gotta love DH and his lists.....its the only way I was able to get it all done so quickly.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          What is it with people not wrapping there gifts this year? I'm getting all Emily Post here, but I'm tired of receiving things from family members with the instructions to open the box and wrap it up for the grandkids. I wrapped all my gifts for nieces, nephews and *ahem* my parents. What's the big problem?? They're retired!!!!!
          In the past I've actually encouraged folks not to spring for the internet wrapping. It's so overpriced - and honestly my kids got as much joy from the thrill of opening the brown box ... They've reached the age now where they'll know if it's wrapped or not.

Comment

We are shipping a lot of stuff to KS since we will be spending Christmas there, and before actually shopping, I was salivating at the thought of having the presents gift-wrapped so I wouldn't have to do it once I get to my in-laws' house, (I hate wrapping) but when I saw how much it would cost to get each thing gift-wrapped, I reluctantly decided against it.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I hate to say it, but I was finished in November. :nana

Okay, I love saying it.

But I agree, the gift wrapping on that stuff is outrageous!!

Comment

See....I bought my gifts here and wrapped them myself. Then I boxed them and sent them. The two items I sent directly through the internet cost $3.50 to gift wrap each. That doesn't seem outrageous.

Nothing will stop my ranting. :>

Done in November?? That's just wrong.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                X