Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genetics

Originally posted by Ladybug
    What traits did your children inherit or pick up from you? From your spouse? Who do you think they are most like? Which trait has surprised you the most?
    1. Traits from me: likes to argue; loves to read; likes watching the news (is that nature or nuture?)

2. Traits from DH: He absolutely positively looks nothing like me, totally like DH. In every way. Face, hair, eyes, big ears. He's like a miniature version of DH. He is very inquisitive and methodical, like DH. Can be a little quiet in a crowd.

3. Trait that has surprised me the most? Very affectionate. Lots of hugs and kisses all the time. I am not sure why I'm surprised. But it's a good surprise!

Re: genetics

Originally posted by Ladybug
    What traits did your children inherit or pick up from you? From your spouse? Who do you think they are most like? Which trait has surprised you the most?
    What fun questions!

1.What traits did your children inherit or pick up from you?

My kids mostly look like me. Same eye color. Same hair color. Same skin color (when not in the sun). They all seem to have similar body and bone structure to my family (ie tall and thin). Every single one of them seems to have my nose. Intellectually they all seem to steer towards literature and history so far (my biggest faves). Thankfully none of them are as painfully shy as I was as a child.

2.From your spouse?

My daughters are developing beautiful voices. Their father has a great singing voice and can carry a tune like nothing else (spent years in the Texas Boy's Choir as a child). The girls all have his pouty lips, his long, dark eyelashes, and the incredible ability to tan. They also have a tendency to be silly and goofy (and, they do NOT get that from me!). Oh, and they all seem to have his artistic ability (I can draw stick figures - that's it! Some of my children are already realistically drawing things like horses...).

3. Who do you think they are most like?

So far, I'd say 50/50.

4. Which trait has surprised you the most?

Definitely the singing ability. I have one daughter who is dead-set on Broadway. The woman who teaches them music on Sundays at church is a voice teacher/coach and has been working with them all quite a bit. But, that one particular daughter has LUNGS and an inherent ability to magically "know" pitch.
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We're the Poster Children for the Nature vs. Nuture studies-

He looks like my husband- but that was intentional- we picked Russia for that reason.

He acts like me. In all of the temper-tantrum, Eye-rolling sarcastic ways possible. Yay.

He loves to read (patting myself on the back).

Things that are definitely nature- musical ability, agility, and the kid is FURRY!

Jenn

ETA: and Rick and I both have the pooping on the potty thing nailed.

Comment

Traits from both: Blue eyes (my husband always warns--our babies had BETTER have blue eyes!!! ), control freaks, big heads and quadriceps.

Traits from me:
        They both love the outdoors, reading, and disco music . Cade gets along well with a good cross section of individuals, but also has inherited my previous trait of wanting to please people. Kendall has an attitude of "Is there an adventure to be had? Let me at it!" attitude. This used to be me back in the day. Cade, God love him, has my clumsiness.

Traits from DH: They both have no butts whatsoever, just legs stemming out of their backs. They both have a strong sense of humor and tease mercilessly. You have to have a strong skin in this household.

Surprising traits: Kendall has the best belly laugh I have ever heard in my life. I hope she keeps it all her days. Cade is really into Sci Fi and swimming, interests neither of us ever had. We are enjoying exploring these things with him.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
        X