Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Triple axel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple axel

Oh yes, do send us some pics of THAT!

I loved my ice skating lessons. I'm going to take the dude this year for sure.

Jenn

Re: Triple axel

any pics of lucy!? i cant wait to see the live feed. dd#1 has no fear. i think she would do great in gymnastics or ice skating....
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
      I totally forgot my camera. :banghead: It was chaos trying to get of the house with all the extra equipment. I would have sworn up and down that I had the camera. Oh well, I promise the video will be much better. :>
      With all that equipment, it's no wonder! I'm sure it was adorable!

Did you and your dh ski while you were living in Seattle? I love watching the little ones on the slopes - they're fearless!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

You know, we never had time with residency, but I did see those little ones shooting down the mountains with helmets and no ski poles once or twice. They're like candy-colored bullets. So fun to watch. Especially when it's your own.

Exactly - without poles!
        I wish my parents had started me earlier.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          I wish my parents had started me earlier.
          This is exactly what DH and I plan to do with our kids. I didn't learn to ski until college and I'm terrible at it. DH is much better and he's been skiing since he was in grade school.

Annie - I can just picture Lucy in all that gear - can't wait for photos!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I can totally picture how cute Lucy was!! But the pics would definitely be "awww" provoking, so bring them on!

Is it really that time of year already?!!!

Comment

Adorable! Take the camera next time. The boys took ice skating our first winter here. I think I have a credit there ... I should get them back into it.

Comment

I have only been skating one time- and it was scary...

Is it really fun for little kids? Do they fall a lot?
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

There's free time at the rink on Sundays and the school's just 3 blocks away, so DH is buying a pair skates so he can take her on Sundays. He's never skated. I'll set up a live feed. :>
                  Sign me up. You could pay for college with putting this on pay-per-view.

That is great she is starting now. I took the kids rollerskating last week and it was much easier for Anna. I think because she is shorter and has less distance to fall.

Have fun! We must get photos!

Comment

YEAH LUCY!!!!! Way to go and YES please post some pictures next time!

Indoor rink time here is HARD to come by and the outdoor ones are CHILLY (um usually below 20) so my kids have been less excited to learn to skate than DH would like (read: hockey fanatic).

I took lessons for a few years but when I got to the class where you HAD to wear the short dress with sparkles on it, I quit. I was 10 and it was all so simple to me. "Mom, I'm NOT WEARING one of those things."
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Indoor rink time here is HARD to come by and the outdoor ones are CHILLY (um usually below 20) so my kids have been less excited to learn to skate than DH would like (read: hockey fanatic).
                      Yes, in MN, they practically round kids up and the neighborhoods by van to drop them off at the rink. Some kids are actually starting skating at two and hockey at five.

DH, also a hockey fanatic, had a sort of teeny coming to terms with the fact that DS just didn't care for skating. That is why you try lots of things to see what sticks.

Ladybug, I love the preschool age. It is so much fun to see their sweet personalities as they try new things. Both of my kids are champion back strokers--this stroke allows them to talk while they swim. It sounds like this might be up Lucy's alley as well.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                      X