Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DisneyLAND suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisneyLAND suggestions

DH and I were just looking at the calendar and realized we had a Mondays and Fridays off coming up in Jan, Feb, and March. I'm thinking we might do a three day trip to Disneyland.

Tara, any suggestions of where to stay, what airport to fly into (Orange county I'm thinking). Is three days a decent amount of time?

Re: DisneyLAND suggestions

I so do not want to drive all over southern California.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think Alaska Airlines has some sort of Disney deal I should look into. I'll stick to John Wayne airport. I flew through there years ago and I remember noticing the name. Long Beach is a good idea. I didn't think of that. I've usually gone through LAX (and that is a pain) or Ontario (too far, I think). I'm not as familiar with the OC area.

Thanks, Julia!

Comment

I've got a great Cuban restaurant for you in the city of Orange. It's not far from Anaheim at all ...

Comment

:wee: That alone is reason to go.

I need to check airfare before I put too much thought into this. I think it is going to be the kid's xmas present.

Comment

http://orangecounty.citysearch.com/prof ... _cafe.html

Ignore the fact that some of the users of citysearch also rated Red Robin just as highly. Felix is totally the trip to SoCal alone. BTW "simply decorated" makes me laugh. I would never have described it as "decorated" at all. I just go for the black beans. Don't waste any room with a salad - it's laughable, but I've NEVER had a bad meal there. The omlettes are yummy, my uncle always gets a seafood/rice dish, I love the pollo criollo ... mmmmm. I think I need to visit my cousin. Oh - and dh loves the tres leches cake.

And it's cheap!

Comment

If you happen to go the weekend of March 8th, let me know - maybe we can grab a quick coffee. DH and I will be in Laguna Beach for a wedding.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'll keep the date in mind. That isn't one of the Friday or Monday dates but I'm not opposed to missing a few days school if it matches a better fare. Two of the days are MLK and President's day. I think those will be busy. Luckily, we have some other budget cut Fridays to choose from!

Cuban food and Cheri...this bodes well for my kids.

Comment

my suggestion is to...take me as a nanny. have a great time!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Fun! The girls will have a blast! DH was able to get 9 days off at Christmas so we'll be spending a few of those days at Disneyland....9 days is too much time to spend with family. I think 3 days is plenty.....Disneyland/CA/Downtown Disney are much more condensed than the Florida parks.

Santa Ana is the closest airport and is easy to get in and out of. If fares are high into SNA, then check out Ontario. It is only about 10 miles further away from Disneyland. I love Long Beach because it's such a small airport, BUT flights are very limited so if there is a delay/cancellation you might be in trouble.

Are you wanting to stay in one of the resort's hotels?

If you like burgers, then you can't visit CA without stopping by an In-N-Out. There is one near Disneyland...on Chapman, I think. It's usually our first stop when we are out that way. Mmmmmm.....I've been craving their grilled cheese w/ grilled onions, fries and neopolitan shake.

Comment

Are you wanting to stay in one of the resort's hotels?
                    I'm getting excited about this and more determined to make it work out. It is more than I was thinking of spending for Christmas but meets my goal of doing something/an experience. And it will be a really good surprise.

I think we would stay at a resort hotel. It has been so long since I've been in that area that I forget what is where, etc. The priorities are an outdoor pool and close to Disney (is it possible to walk or get a shuttle?). I'm thinking leave Fri am and come back on a Monday evening.

Thanks! I'll check out those airports.

Comment

If you like burgers, then you can't visit CA without stopping by an In-N-Out. There is one near Disneyland...on Chapman, I think. It's usually our first stop when we are out that way. Mmmmmm.....I've been craving their grilled cheese w/ grilled onions, fries and neopolitan shake.
                      Mmm YUMMY! I absolutely LOVE In-N-Out burger! Since they only have locations in AZ, NV, & CA I am left craving most of the time.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

In-N-Out will definitely be on our list in March - we LOVE it and MISS it SO much!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thank you, Tara! So, you've been to Disneyland a few times? That is *exactly* what I was needing to know.

As far as the rain...:happyrain:...no problem. We have a few rainjackets.

I need to look at the school schedule again. I'm thinking around March 14 but since it is just two days of school, I'll let airfare dictate. And the Tuscon Rodeo -- thanks for that tip!

I'm really excited to surprise the kids with this. :wee:

Comment

Working...
                          X