Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Babysitting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babysitting question

We have a fairly young neighborhood girl who has babysat for us a lot lately. Her mother is their preschool teacher and has really schooled her in babysitting. She has asked twice to bring a friend which I am mostly ok with. Both times we have said yes, and they have been nice girls who really seemed to play with and entertain our girls. But when it comes to payment, I didnt ask for two sitters. We have just paid the one sitter but it feels sort of awkward, like I should pay the other one. Should I?
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Babysitting question

No. Being able to bring a friend is a perk for your sitter and I am sure she sees it that way. It is awesome, though, that other potential sitters are getting to know your girls, in case your sitter is ever busy, or in case you need a sitter for more kids than just yours sometime.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Thanks. I feel that way too but needed someone else to tell me.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
        No. Being able to bring a friend is a perk for your sitter and I am sure she sees it that way. It is awesome, though, that other potential sitters are getting to know your girls, in case your sitter is ever busy, or in case you need a sitter for more kids than just yours sometime.

Sally
        ITA, FWIW.

Comment

I also agree. I don't know what your rates are there, but two sitters would be $20/hour. If the sitter wants to give her helper a cut of her payment, that's up to her.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
            No way. You didn't ask for two sitters.
            Agreed. I had a similar situation when I used a neighbor kid to mow once this year. His friend helped him out, so as I paid the kid (that I'd 'contracted' with) I said "Does your buddy get a cut? 'Cause I'm just paying you."

I also agree that the girls should feel really lucky to be trusted to have a friend there.

Comment

Working...
            X