Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

'Coach' baby, it's a Coach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Coach' baby, it's a Coach.

So I'm going a baby shower for one of my girlfriends (another doctor-in-training's wife) next weekend and I'm reading her registry list her mom emailed everyone. She's registered for a Coach diaper bag. Are you kidding me! I didn't even know Coach made diaper bags! That's a $400 diaper bag! Do you know how many weeks of groceries that is for my family!

Sorry so many exclamation points, but come on. My DH and I are very down to earth, practical people (ie. we're broke). I spent $30 on a Land's End diaper bag and thought that was too much money.

Re: 'Coach' baby, it's a Coach.

I wanted that diaper bag SO bad and if we'd been done with training I would have had it. I saw a resident wife with one here the other day.

I am amazed though at some of the people I see carrying real coach bags.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

$400 for something that is going to get covered in all sorts of icky bodily fluids? No thanks! Give me the Land's End or Eddie Bauer versions...
      Kris

Comment

I'm guessing she didn't register at Babies R Us. I just looked it up - nice bag. If someone wants to spend $400 on me, I have other ways they can do it, though.

Comment

My diaper bag was the freebie black nylon over-the-shoulder bag that came with my breast pump. I didn't realize that diaper bags could be fashionable.

Comment

Is it the "multifunction tote?"

The nice thing about it is that it doesn't scream "look at me, I'm a diaper bag!"

I'm on the fence about registries to begin with. :run:
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

If you live near an outlet, they have pretty good prices if you reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllly want one.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Where is she registered that she can register for a Coach bag? :huh: It does seem a little tacky that her mother is e-mailing out her registry. Whatever happened to the etiquette that you don't mention registries in invitations?

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                  Originally posted by alison
                  Is it the "multifunction tote?"

The nice thing about it is that it doesn't scream "look at me, I'm a diaper bag!"
                  Sure but you're already carrying the crying baby with spit-up down your back so it's not like people don't realize what's in that bag.
                  That's true! Although I was thinking you could even use it as just a regular bag afterwards.

Comment

Ug. I have a lot to learn....

Comment

Ok that obviously came across wrong. I own a real Coach bag and when funds allow I plan to own several more not just Coach but other nice bags, name brand or not. I like purses and I feel nice quality purses are worth the price.

I meant that I'm surprised at the people I see carrying real Coach (or other brands) that are either teenagers or people who I know don't have a lot of money. I'm amazed at what some people choose to spend their money on.

Comment

What else is on this so-called registry? I recently went to a shower where the mom registered for a Bugaboo stroller and...received it! Guess I should have aimed a little higher. I'm happy with my Graco.

I do have to admit, I am a sucker for a cute purse/bag and have way more of them that I need. But, I've decided that I'd rather have a new one each season for $30 -$60 than just a few to rotate. I am in for a good knock-off purse party, when the opportunity arises, though! Someday, maybe we'll be a place where the cost of designer purses doesn't seem so high.
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

As long as people register for a variety of items on the cheap and high end...then it's fine with me. We are going to ask for some pricey things because there are some people in DH's family who like to spend money and if someone wants to get me a coach diaper bag, who am I to say no
                          Danielle
                          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Tenacious_D
                            As long as people register for a variety of items on the cheap and high end...then it's fine with me. We are going to ask for some pricey things because there are some people in DH's family who like to spend money and if someone wants to get me a coach diaper bag, who am I to say no
                            Danielle I think that is logical, if people see more expensive items on your registry they may not get them for you but they may give you gift cards to go towards them. I think registries should be a big range b/c you're right there are always people that want to spend more on you and if you don't register for something in their price range they'll either pick something you didn't want or buy you a bunch of a little things instead.

I wish my TJ Maxx carried those kind of name brand purses.

Comment

WOW....I bought an OiOi bag in Australia (on sale for 50) and was feeling guilty that I plan to buy another one for this dude (he can't be expected to share after all

I agree that having a range is the important thing...we recently went to a shower for friends (joint male/female shower...DH was horrified that I made him come...they went downstairs after a bit to watch the UFC fight) and the least expensive thing was 120.00.....come on, really! I have never had a shower... My mom tried to have one for me with DS3 becuase she felt bad that I had never had one and once again DS3 was born at 35 weeks....a day before the shower!

I thought that I was upish on designer stuff, but didn't know that Coach made diaper bags..........more research needed I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X