Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

To A or not to A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To A or not to A

OK...so the debate is raging in this house...what do you all think. Since we have three children with A names should #4 be an A name too?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I say stick with A unless you can find a "Z"!!

Jenn

Comment

My aunt and uncle had 3 boys Benjamin, Blake and Braden and then a girl, Abigail. You can break the mold any time or stick with it. Are there A names you like?

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

We're the highly creative "Jennifer and John". But my parents thought they were being original, as in 1966 there weren't any Jennifers. But, then Love Story came out in 1970 and we've been inundated ever since. My brother is a "third" so that was a no-brainer for them!

I like the Z thing because this is the last one! (right?) so you have all A's until you get to the last baby! Zoe, Zachary, etc!

Jenn

Comment

My mom and her sibs are the 4 Js: Jim (James), Jane, Joan, Jacque (short for Jacqueline). I don't think they mind too much except that my grandmother *always* refers to them as the 4 Js.
          If you have an A name you like, go for it! Otherwise, I really like Jenn's idea of a Z name.

Comment

I vote for non-A, and I particularly like the Z idea.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I vote for non-A unless there is some "A" name that you absolutely are in love with.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I think it's cute but we are thinking the same thing. We have two B's right now and think we won't do a B this time. We still have lots of time though so you never know.

Comment

Do what you want is my opinion! I just figured out recently (sigh - you'd think I would've thought of it earlier) that the first letters of my kids' first names would spell out the word MAZES if I have another kid and name it with an "E" name. Right now they are "ZAMS" - Zoe, Alex, Maddy, and Sophia. I think if I had a "theme" with my names it is that three of them are Greek (Madeline isn't). I think families having themes for their kids' names is pretty cute (provided they aren't embarrassing names or themes :P ). Back I go to packing!!!!!
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                  X