Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sick Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Kids

Ugh...Three of my little angels are sick...including the baby.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I hope they get better soon, and that you don't get sick as well!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

thanx sue......I've been sneaking online off and on while I run up the stairs and put away laundry etc...The good news is that they are awfully quiet today They've just all crashed out in front of the tv and are just relaxing.....so I've been able to do alot.

kris

Comment

I hate to say it, but when they have that sickness where they are mellow and hang out in front of the TV all day, life is kind of easy. Aside from the worry and keeping up with the med doses. Somehow, when my kids were just recently sick, I still managed to keep my business going and the house clean and I think it's because all they wanted to do was watch TV all day! Then again, I didn't have a baby to tend to, so I'd have been singing a different tune if that had happened to us in another 4 months or so!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I hope they get better soon and retain some of the mellowness.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My oldest two are good as new today. My 4 year old is on the mend, buy little Aidan is just miserable. I called the pediatrician, but I only got to talk to an intake person. Then an hour later, a nurse called me back and basically read to me from a list what the criteria were to be seen. This is the second time that this has happened to me with little Aidan and it really bothers me. He does not have a fever, but when he coughs it truly sounds like he has horrible bronchitis or something. He is a little warm but his temp is 99.6...which is technically not a temp....so they wouldn't see him. They told me to come in if his lips turned blue or he was struggling to breathe.

Even Thomas got a bit worried last night because of the cough...he was running down the list of risk factors for RSV (which we really don't have) and was afraid that he might take a turn for the worse in the night. Fortunately everything was fine...he was up several times but doing ok. Today I have basically just had to hold him/carry him all day long or else he cries

He coughed a lot in the morning but was much better in the afternoon..tonight he is back to coughing again, etc...but he DOES seem better than he was Friday or Saturday.

It kind of bothers me thought that they wouldn't see us at the pediatric walk-in clinic and that I couldn't talk to a pediatrician, but that anyone can have my husband paged through the hospital operator for any reason. (grouchy mommy talking here!). At the end of the day, I ended up buying some Vick's Vapor Rub and since it will irritate a baby's skin, I put a little on a bib 8O. It has seemed to help.

It really is scarey when the little guys are sick.

Hopefully Aidan will be on the mend soon as well.

kris

Comment

Poor baby, I hope he gets better soon! If you took him in and didn't meet the criteria, would they turn you away? It seems like it wouldn't hurt to get someone to listen to his lungs and maybe do a quick pulse ox on him. I'm overly paranoid about the respiratory stuff, and we did the RSV thing with our second when she was 4 months old.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
              X