Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sick again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick again!

Well, tomorrow my kids were due to go back to mother's day out after 4 weeks off due to illness and Christmas vacation and guess what--they are sick again! Somebody just shoot me now! I am worried about their health, especially our oldest who seems to have gotten pretty sick pretty fast, but the evil, selfish side of me is frustrated that once again, I have to find a way to invent the time to keep my business going with two little sick munchkins at home!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Don't you hate that? My sons had this horrible cough right before Thanksgiving and I mean they coughed and coughed until they puked. Not to mention it didn't stop during the night. Finally it went away and just last weekend it started again - days before school was to start up again. Thankfully the cough isn't as severe as it was last time when the school kept sending him home because he'd throw up after lunch when they had recess. And while I don't have a business to keep up, I have been falling behind schedule in my medical transcription course. I hadn't done anything since Thanksgiving! So I know how you feel...

Comment

Oh, no! That really stinks.....I know you were looking forward to starting up the mom's day out program. Hopefully they won't be as sick this time and it will just be a day or two.

Comment

Well, she's gone from bad to worse--she's got pneumonia and my husband will probably take her to the ER tonight. I took her to the urgent care clinic today and they could tell from listening to her lungs, also she was retracting and had other telltale signs. The doc put her on an antibiotic and said to give her one day and if she got worse by tomorrow to bring her back in. She's sleeping right now but her breathing is labored and fast and she's coughing a lot. Also, she had a fever of 104 with motrin, Tylenol brought her down to 101 but that's as far as she'll go. Poor little thing--she looks miserable! My husband has been a prince--I posted a few weeks ago about his "hands off" approach to their illness but he has really been taking good care of her and calling the shots. He's been sleeping in her bed to keep a close eye on her. Nice to have a pulmonologist in the house when your kid has a respiratory problem!!!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue, I am sorry to hear that one of your little ones isn't feeling well. I hope that she gets to feeling much better soon!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, Sue. Thankfully she's in good hands with your husband. Hope she gets better soon.

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes--we just got back from the Dr. (after being there for 5 hours ). They ended up doing a chest X-Ray and then giving the poor little thing a shot in both thighs with rocephin (sp?). It appeared to hurt like hell, but the promise of better health tomorrow made it seem worth it. Apparently these shots are very effective. We go back tomorrow for another check-up and if she is better, they won't do another shot. They didn't end up going to the ER last night, luckily.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I hope she is better soon. I hate giving those Rocephin shots. We usually mix it with a little numbing medication, and two nurses give it simultaneously so they only think they are held down and stuck one time. Good luck.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sue,

OMG....That is terrible!!!!! I hope she is feeling better tomorrow! How are you holding up? It's so stressful when they are so sick...are you getting any rest?

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, I should be asking that of you, too--sounds like your household is pretty much in the same boat as ours! I'm doing pretty well--I plan on turning in early tonight. Maya was kind of perky tonight, so I'm hoping she is on the road to recovery. Her little sister's temp. is creeping up, though, and her cough has increased, so we went ahead and started her on an antibiotic as well (don't tell my pediatrician!).
                    How is Aiden doing? RSV is so scary, especially for newborns! I imagine you are pretty sleep deprived as well (as if you probably weren't already with nighttime feedings!). I hope you are getting rest and that Aiden gets better soon!
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We're sick again here too. Croup! I am missing the days of the common cold and ear infection.
                      Luckily, croup is only bad at night, no fever, and should be gone in a day or two. It scared the daylights out of me last night, though, when she was struggling to breath.
                      Sally -- you are right -- this baby is easier to take care of in than out! I am thankful for that right now!

Comment

Poor Bryn--I hope she gets better soon!!! I can't wait until sick season is over!
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                        X