Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adoption Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption Update

Just thought I'd fill you all in on where we are in the process-

We have finished the Home Visits, have all of the paperwork in except for the Criminal Histories (still haven't gotten that done!) and we need to get our physicals. After that- the dossier will be completed and sent on to Russia.

We have asked for a baby under a year (which will be at least 6 months old thanks to the bizarre system they have) and will probably end up with a boy. We told them we didn't have any particular preference. I expect that we will go for the first visit in September and go back to bring our little person home in the end of October.

So- we're excited but have a long way to go!

Jenn

Jenn,

I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than you! I'm so happy for you both!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

What an exciting journey! A friend of the family did this several years ago and we recently saw the little girl for the first time in a long time, and she was just adorable. Very well-adjusted and an absolutely joy to be with. Good luck, that little baby will be so lucky to have such giving and loving parents!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Very exciting!
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

That is so wonderful, Jenn. I bet you can hardly wait through these next 6 months. Will you be getting the nursery ready now or have you guys already got everything set?

I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

The months before you meet your new little person will go by more quickly than you think! Since you are an expectant mother, make sure and get plenty of rest and catch your breath before you start this new journey. If there is anything you want to do in your home, (paint, organize, etc.) do it now. And do as much "couple stuff" with Rick as you can......banking some good memories now will pay off during the times when schedules/baby make it hard to get any time together.

I am excited for you! You two are going to be great parents. And of course you have so much EXCELLENT (if I do say so myself) advice available to you here! Why do you think you will get a boy? Are there more boys available? Just curious.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

That is exciting--October is just around the corner!!!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Great news, Jennifer! Things seems to be rolling along. Before long you will be posting pictures (hopefully) of your little bundle. Just curious and ignorant, will you give your baby a name you choose?

Congratulations!

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

congratulations!!!!
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

congratulations!!!!
                      Peggy

Comment

Fantastic News! I wish you every luck!

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

i need to say congratulations 1 more time i guess! (just kidding- i accidentally double posted earlier but really, can one say congratulations too many times?)
                          Peggy

Comment

Congratulations!! Do you get "matched" with a baby at some point soon, and if so do you get a picture? My neighbors adopted a little girl from China last year and it was SOOO exciting. We went to the airport with a crowd to welcome Dad and little girl off the plane (Mom stayed home with their older child--such restraint). The emotion in the airport was amazing. I am beginning to wonder if horomones really account for the mood swings in pregnancy or if it isn't also all the anticipation and worry. I know my adopting friends had as many mood swings as me preggers.....

Angie
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

So Jenn...what is the next step after you get the physicals and the background check paperwork filed? Will you just be waiting for the September fly date? Why will you guys have to take a second trip in October? It sort of stinks that you will have to fly out and not be able to take your baby home immediately!

Are you already working on setting up your nursery and getting things ready? If you do have a boy, I will be more than happy to box up Aidan's things and send them your way! Just let me know what you need....this is really so exciting. I'm really happy for you.

kris
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                              X