Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's pregnant right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Kelly--even if its a horrendous name (which yours aren't--I like both names), people really should keep their mouths shut! We liked Parker for a boy several years back, but my husband's brother made fun of the name and now my husband won't consider naming our son that. We have pretty much settled on Mitchell Parker, though I plan on calling the kid Mitch. As of late, my husband is concerned people will call him "bitch" or "bitchell" but I think we're going to go ahead with that name anyway. If by some fluke it comes out a girl, she would be called Josie Elizabeth.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

So Jennifer, (Rapunzel) It's been a week.... Any news???

Comment

Holy Balls...I missed this thread...drumroll please, Rapunzel......

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I will officially know on Sunday.

This has been kind of weird, actually. And, it's the first time that things are rather inconclusive and I really can't figure out if I am or not.

sigh - I'll have to push it out of my mind until the end of the weekend I suppose....

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

BTW Sue, I have friends who named their little girl Josephine and call her Josie. I think it is a beautiful, "old world" name and the nickname is super-cute. Wonderful choice if it is a girl!

Jennifer

Comment

My first pregnancy was kind of "inconclusive" for about a week, which drove me absolutely crazy!!! I can't wait to hear the results Rapunzel!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I really like the name Mitch! I knew a Mitch and he was a great guy! I love those very manly names!!!!!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Just to chime in- not pregnant- but expecting!

We're hoping for late Fall but will go whenever they tell us to! We've asked for a healthy baby under a year, no preference for the sex. So...someday. In the meantime, I'm on the road. (which no doubt contributes to the no pregnancy thing! You kind of need to be in the same state at the critical moments!)

Jenn

Comment

OK, I'm definitely not pregnant and annoyed that it took so long to figure this out (short of just going to my doc and getting a blood test done). The weird thing is that I'm actually a little disappointed about this! I know, I know, I'm crazy.

Congratulations to everyone else who is pregnant/adopting!!

Jennifer

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
                      The weird thing is that I'm actually a little disappointed about this! I know, I know, I'm crazy.
                      Um, Jennifer, don't you have enough to do right now?? Now that you're disappointed, do you guys think you'll start trying?

I'm going to shoot for four, and I've got to get moving since I'm *already* 32. We're going to start TTC as soon as I get this weight down. (fricken gummi worms!!!!!!!!!)

Congrats to all the expectant Mamas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                        Originally posted by Rapunzel
                        The weird thing is that I'm actually a little disappointed about this! I know, I know, I'm crazy.
                        Um, Jennifer, don't you have enough to do right now?? Now that you're disappointed, do you guys think you'll start trying?
                        Who knows? Jon is in San Francisco for the next five days and absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.... (Jon acted a bit disappointed as well - which is even weirder since he isn't terribly fond of my personality when pregnant).

Jennifer

Comment

Hi --- I'm a little late here but found out the shocker of a lifetime this weekend which is I'm not turning into a big fat slob, I am actually pregnant and possibly in my second trimester already. We find out a week from this Thursday (grrr on getting into my awesome but BUSY OB!!!) how far along I am.

I was wondering why all my trips to the gym, smaller portions, and fruit for snacks has produced toned legs and shoulders and yet my midrift is horribly not keeping up with my legs!!! How dumb can I be?

We are thrilled of course but it was kind of funny to be so shocked at first. I mean with my DH's hours, the odds of this happening is SO LOW!!! We were trying to think of WHEN this could have happened!! Ha ha!!

Anyway I am through the shock and now thinking clearly. I am also relieved that I may yet reclaim my body after #2 is born and I KNOW I am NOT pregnant!!!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hi --- I'm a little late here but found out the shocker of a lifetime this weekend which is I'm not turning into a big fat slob, I am actually pregnant and possibly in my second trimester already. We find out a week from this Thursday (grrr on getting into my awesome but BUSY OB!!!) how far along I am.

I was wondering why all my trips to the gym, smaller portions, and fruit for snacks has produced toned legs and shoulders and yet my midrift is horribly not keeping up with my legs!!! How dumb can I be?

We are thrilled of course but it was kind of funny to be so shocked at first. I mean with my DH's hours, the odds of this happening is SO LOW!!! We were trying to think of WHEN this could have happened!! Ha ha!!

Anyway I am through the shock and now thinking clearly. I am also relieved that I may yet reclaim my body after #2 is born and I KNOW I am NOT pregnant!!!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Wow, congratulations!
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations, Flynn! I can't believe you didn't know... that's funny!

-Esther

Comment

Working...
                                X