Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When to potty train....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to potty train....

I'm dominating this forum lately!!!...just curious about when all of you experienced parents introduced the idea of a potty chair to your little one. I wasn't thinking about doing it for quite a while longer, except today, she took down her changing pad, brought it to me, and brought me a diaper, then proceeded to lie down on the pad. She had a dirty diaper! She's not even 18 months yet. I have a friend who potty trained her 18 month old....interested to hear your input. Thanks.

PS It would be a dream to be out of diapers this early, but I don't want to rush or push anything either.

You can try for a week, and if it doesn't work try again in a couple months.

We started attempting to pt our older son just before he turned 2 and it took until he was 3 1/2 before he actually got the idea and could tell when he had to go.

We had no luck whatsoever while using pull ups. Plain cheap cotton undies and lots of them. And Petzyme.

Good luck.

Comment

Worth a try and I would agree with others not to push. My first also showed some interest around 18 months and I wish I had ran with it a little more.
      In fact, she would use the toilet (when nekked) for the next year. It was helping her learn how when she had a diaper or underwear on that was tricky!

Comment

It is worth a try!

I don't even try to pottytrain my kids until they hit 3 now. That seemed to be the "magic age" for my progeny. Which means, right now we're in the middle of M&M bribery with Sophia and her potty training.

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

My oldest was definitely ready before age 2, so you might as well give it a try. We started by just having the potty chair in the bathroom which piqued her interest. I agree to keep it low pressure.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Go for it! My youngest (17 months) is already trying to take off her pants and climb on the potty because of seeing her older sister. I don't know if that means she is ready for potty training. Our oldest didn't get the mind body connection until she was 3 yo.

Good luck

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Working...
            X