Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The rest of the story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rest of the story...

OK, for those of you who are interested-

We leave 4/9, go to Moscow, arriving 4/10. Meet with the Moscow staff (to drop off the money) and then take the 1am flight to Perm, arriving at 5:20 AM, Monday morning. We have to see Nikolai (not like that's some horrible thing!) two more times before court on 4/15 so that we have a total of 6 days worth of visits. Court is at 10am on 4/15. The judge will implement a waiting period- 10 days. Our friend's was 10 working days, ours will hopefully be 10 calender days because if not, we then end up in the midst of Russian May Day celebrations and everything shuts down. Like I want to be in a hotel room any longer than I have to be!

We have about a day and a half of paperwork after the 10 days are up and then we travel to Moscow to outprocess through the embassy and jump through all of those hoops.

If the judge will agree to 10 calender days then hopefully I'll be back the last week of April, with Nikolai.

Jenn

Wow, mere weeks at this point! You'll be going there as two and coming home as three! :ra:

Now that we've seen the total cost what has the total timeframe been? Like from when you first contacted a third party to begin the process up to this April?
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Fantastic news! It's so exciting that it's so close now!!! I wish all of you a safe trip with no Russian holidays to delay your return.

Hurry home, Nikolai!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Wow! You are so close. I hope this next week goes really fast for you!

btw -- how is the little guy doing?

Comment

I'll be sending "10 business day" vibes your way, Jenn! This is so exciting!

Comment

Wow. Wow. Wow. That is so cool. You have my best wishes!!!!
            (Now, of course, you will have to cast three people to play your family on our new TV series ) What an amazing spring you are going to have!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

OH YAY!
              That is fantastic news!

Comment

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how everything turns out and to know that the little one is with you for good! Take care!!

Comment

I can't wait to see pics of all of you together!! YEAY!

Comment

Safe travel to all three of you!!! I can't wait to hear the details of your trip, and of course I am anxious to see pictures of little Nikolai! Take care and keep us posted.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm soooo happy for you.
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Best of luck to you all! Can't wait to see pictures.

Comment

Fantastic--that's the best news I've heard all day! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they go for 10 calendar days so you guys can get little Nikolai home ASAP!
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm so happy for you! Good luck with everything, and have a safe trip!

Comment

How exciting for you! Good luck and travel safe!

Comment

Working...
                              X