Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Teething question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teething question

Anyone else have this happen?

Anna is 15 months and has six teeth -- three up and three down -- two front teeth and the one next to it which makes for a cute grin. I noticed today that she has a molar coming in (boy, does that explain a lot!). It seems really out of order, though, since she still has has two incisors and eye teeth yet to to come in. Is that normal??

I think it is pretty much normal....as normal as everything else that kids do different from their siblings or the "cloned model" that is used as the guide stick for "your child will do X at Nteen months" and so on....

Colton had the same, only at about 17-19mths, then they all came at the same time. What a fun time that was.....thank goodness they are all here, now we must wait for the two year molars to make an appearance.

Comment

Thanks, Matt! I've been more relaxed about the developmental differences the second time around but was surprised to see a molar when we've been patiently waiting for a few more incisors. She'll be happier with molars anyway so she can finally chew a little more!

Colton had the same, only at about 17-19mths, then they all came at the same time.
      I guess the benefit is that you get it over with in a short timeframe but, wow, bet that wasn't fun!

Comment

Same thing happened to Ella. Her Incisors are coming in now after molars.

Jennifer
        Needs

Comment

Gavin has four on top and two on bottom. And a molar popped through last week. (which coincided with the end of hand, foot and mouth and the beginnings of a double ear infection. I doubt he even noticed the tooth, poor kid ) I have given up on any notion of "normal" where child development is concerned.

Hope Anna is back to her old self soon!

Comment

Keelin is the same. I think she's going to be an old lady before she gets a full set of teeth!!!

Comment

Nikolai also has three on top, four on bottom and is getting molars, too. (which explains the thrilling night we had at the Moscow Marriott when he screamed for 3 hours. Of course New Mom Dummy took an hour and a half to realize that maybe it wasn't that he was freaked out, but in pain...oh well. One of many things for later therapy sessions!)

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, put another $5 in the therapy jar!

What did parents do before infant Tylenol???

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                  What did parents do before infant Tylenol???
                  I have been wondering the same thing. I don't know how we would have survived the HFM trauma without it.

Jenn, it still takes me a while to figure out that Gavin isn't just being a pain and that he actually IS in pain. I still don't quite have the hang of this mothering business.

Comment

Same here....it dawned on me that poor little Keelin's ears and throat are probably hurting, but it really hit me when she yawned and I saw her throat myself! No wonder they prescribed Tylenol with Codeine, PLUS a refill!!!! And no wonder she isn't eating much...I can be so dense sometimes....now I'm being much more liberal with the pain medicine.

And yuck...poor Gavin with a double ear infection AND HFM? These are both awful by themselves, let alone together!!! Hope he's feeling better And I hope all the little teethers are hanging in there, too. My little peanut is drooling more now than when she was tiny and starting to get teeth!!

Comment

Working...
                    X