Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fast forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast forward

So my son just turned eight months old and in the last three weeks he has learned how to:
    • clap
      crawl
      pull up on things and "walk" with both hands resting on something for balance
      crawl up stairs

His older sister was dead on or slightly ahead of most "guidelines" but I feel like he was a baby yesterday and now he is this jabbering, moving whirlwind!!!! It makes daily life at home much easier because he entertains himself or more than likely is entertained by his sister, but we are in that "in between stage" pre-walking where he is just this huge baby where it is challenging to do outside stuff with both kids.

I have to say I am looking forward to the wean that will happen in roughly four months (maybe a bit sooner). He won't take a bottle but unlike with his older sister, I am used to this life now and it hasn't made me crazy!!

To all you parents out there...do you feel like your life went in fast forward after kids?
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

You have no idea!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yeah, I realize I am still VERY new to this life but I think of life pre-kids and the pace just seemed much much slower.

The saying "having a chld changes everything" made me roll my eyes pre-kids but it is so true.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I know! I have mostly given up trying to remember any one stage or age and just enjoy them in their present stages. And take photos. They just change so quickly.

btw, I love that age of 8-12 months when they really start to light up. So fun!

Comment

Wow, Flynn, your guy must be a prodigy. My 9 mo old dd is crawling like crazy, but not pullng up yet. Just like ds, she appears to be very verbal with 10,000 Mom and Dads a day. My kids are talkers---wonder where they get that from. Is it terrible that I almost hope that dd is a late walker like ds? They get soooooo busy.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Re: Fast forward

Originally posted by Flynn
            To all you parents out there...do you feel like your life went in fast forward after kids?
            Oh yeah!

Make sure you take lots of video footage and a good amount of pictures because it's going to just continue to fly by!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Kelly -- your kids must be verbal progidies! I have early crawlers/walkers and later talkers here. Now DD is all about climbing I've pulled her off the top of the toilet and then desk two times already this am. How do they get so fast....*deep breath*

Comment

With everything Nikolai learns, I try to appreciate the moment because he really is 'it' as far as children go! It's so fun and so bittersweet at the same time!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X