Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Edward Munch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Munch

O.K. "Edward Munch" (famous painter of The Scream) is a glib academic reference in attempts to hide my angst over baby girl's latest new habit.

Holy crap. She has learned how to scream. She screams if we don't feed her fast enough, if she wants out of her car seat, or if she is tired and it is time for nap. I feel bad about saying anything negative about an otherwise seemingly happy and fun child.

Anyone have a Nanny 911 suggestion that I can resolve this new bad habit in about 22 minutes plus commercial breaks? Help? Anyone? If my son did this, I honestly don't remember it.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Oh yeah, as a reference point, she just turned one last week.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Teeth?

Jenn

Comment

As Jenn said, teeth?

If it's not something physical, I don't know. I would say try to ignore it, but I don't think 12 month olds scream for attention, do they?
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

My old stand-by -- ignore it.

Anna screams bloody murder sometimes just for the pleasure of hearing it. I've had some luck with telling her that if she wants to scream like that she needs to go outside -- and talk about an "inside" voice.

Comment

Your baby is 1? Are you kidding me? I about fell over! Time flies.

My almost two year old screams to hear herself and when she gets stuck somewhere. Telling me it isn't ok, makes her scream louder. I am looking for a quick fix too.

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

We were at the grocery store today and Gavin spent half the time shrieking for the sheer joy of it. I find not acknowledging it and distracting him to do the trick for now.

I agree, time flies! I can't believe she's one already!

Comment

DD also screams just for fun. But if she was doing it for attention or so you would respond faster to her demands, I would definately ignore it, as someone else said. Is she walking yet? MIL tells me that when DH was on the brink of a major physical milestone he would scream and get frusterated with everything in general. When he passed the milestone, everything went back to normal.

Comment

:>

And the fun begins.....
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                  X