Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Time change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time change

Has the time change messed up anyone else's sleeping schedule? (The kids, not ours!) My daughter is now waking up at 4:15 instead of her usual 5:30 or 6. This is messing up the whole nap schedule, etc., and it's driving me mad since I base my day on what I can do while she's sleeping. Anyone else going through this or have any ideas on how to fix?

Oh Lordy, yes, we're all messed up. He's napping now, was up kicking my wall through the crib at 5am. He's falling over asleep in the afternoon and in bed by 6 (which explains the 5am thing.)

Jet lag in a toddler just sucks.

jenn

Comment

Amazing what a difference an hour makes, huh? :thud:

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to move coast to coast!!!! :!

Comment

I keep DD up a bit later and then let her lay in her crib and sing until 8. We have been out to the west coast three or four times since she was born and she usually adjusts by the third day.

I do not go in her room before 8 unless there is a major situation. Fortuntately I can count on one hand the number of times she has woken up crying in the morning.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Yep. It happens to us every year. It will work itself out in a week maximum. It took us three days this year to get back on track.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

This time change (the "fall-back") is always my favorite. I do much better on this schedule than with what happens in the spring (ie "losing" an hour in a sense with the "spring-forward" change). Since my kids like to stay up a bit on the late side this means that right now they are going to bed at a decent hour (9pm)! And, I feel like I am sleeping in a bit now. It's a purely psychological feeling since I'm not getting any more sleep than normal, but I enjoy it.

Now, the time-change in the Spring generally really messes up the internal clocks of everyone in my house. Not pleasant!

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

She went back on her regular nap schedule today so I'm hoping for good things tonight. We live in a half-house - and our neighbor's bedroom is right next to the baby's room, so I always feel bad letting her cry for fear of disturbing the neighbor. It's sort of a crappy situation, to be honest. Anyway. Let's hope for a sleepy night for the baby!

Comment

Working...
                X