Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A night for the record books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A night for the record books

I've just been told (in no particular order):

"You're not my mommy anymore"
    "I'm going to look for a new mommy"
    "You're ruining my dream come true"
    "Dad is better than you are"
    "I want Sue to be my mommy" (yes, our own SueC)

There were others, but I can't bring myself to type them. All of this b/c I drove home rather than carrying 2 sleeping boys into a restaurant where we were going to have dinner with Sue and her family. My dh is en route to Houston for a lab inspection, so Sue took pity on us. But the boys fell asleep on the way to the restaurant and did not wake when I told them we were there. So - I drove home. The both woke up as soon as I pulled in the garage and starting wailing that they wanted their friends and wanted dinner. Neither kid would eat dinner here, both whined and wailed all through bath and putting on pajamas. They are in bed now, and I'm going to take up drinking as a pass time.

I'm sorry Jenn!!! No doubt you were disappointed, too! That was definitely a no-win situation you found yourself in. I hope they wake up well-rested tomorrow and have some sweetness for you. Drinking is definitely in order, or a chocolate binge (my "drug" of choice!).

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm sorry! It's no fun being a mom sometimes.

Comment

"You're ruining my dream come true"

Well, I'm impressed. That's pretty good as far as button pushing goes. Hopefully they are quick to forgive. A drink to tomorrow being another day. :~

Yesterday I took away the privelege of dessert for three days (hmmm...we're not supposed to punish with food, right?). It was a sad sight. Especially when DH decided to give the younger kid a little bit of chocolate to enforce the point.

Comment

I'm so sorry.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That's a hard night! I'm sorry. Your kids were just saying those things out of frustration and they truly don't mean them They don't really mean those kinds of thinks until they are teenagers, I think.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

When they are teenagers they still don't mean them!! But it stings a little more.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I forgot to include that in the middle of the boys screaming and wailing (all through bath time), the puppy pooped on ds#2's down comforter (which was on the floor).

The puppy hasn't had an accident in well over a month, and then it's only been pee.

I'm happy to say that the boys woke up this morning and didn't mention a thing about me being the destroyer of dreams, were sweet as pie, and now are BOTH at school. I'm about to have some "me" time with a vaccuum, dust rag, sink full of dishes and laundry soap.

Oh, what a glamorous life I lead ....

Comment

I'm glad today they are in better moods. I hope you were able to call your dh so that he could hear some of what you put up with last night. If not, I've still got their crying voices on my answering machine that I'd be happy to play for them. My kids (Sydney in particular) are going through that phase right now, too, declaring that they don't love me anymore when they aren't getting their way.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                  X