Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chores

I would like to give my DD some house chores. What is appropriate for an almost three year old? My mom was all about chores- we unloaded the DW starting around 4 and completely took over our own laundry at 6-which is why I still dont sort colors to this day.
    Mom to three wild women.

Our girls are so parallel right now arent they?
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

The cleaning up one project before starting another is high on the list here.

DD2 likes to help me change the laundry from the washer to the dryer or take it out of the dryer. Mostly she just likes to feel a part of things and I try to include her (time and patience allowing).

Comment

Dude is expected to put his toys away (and by away I mean "get close to his room") every night. He isn't allowed to open drawers because the dresser is ancient and heavy and not anchored to the walls. BUT, he likes to 'help' fold. When we had a dish washer (the kind called Kenmore or GE) he loved to help empty it. He actually will go to the kitchen and get a towel and wipe up his own spills. better than his father does, I tell ya! (more proof that he's not from our lazy gene pools.)

Jnn

Comment

Jacob helps put clothes away (after they've been folded), strips his own bed, and cleans up his own spills.

They are both expected to pick up their toys (Jacob is good, Quinn whines and whines and whines). Jacob likes to wipe the table, and will get on kicks where he really likes to clean -- which I try to take advantage of whole-heartedly.

they also both help to set the table, and clear their places - putting placemats away.

Comment

At four, a child can carry their dish from the table to the sink. Place napkins on the table. Put toys away. Buy a small broom and dustpan and demonstrate. A four year old can straighten the bed. Have them shove the clothes in the dryer. They can windex the tv and glass areas. They can empty the smaller garbage cans.

You will probably have to redo some of their work later, but this is a good start.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We just had a hilarious game of find the socks and throw them in the washing machine this weekend. Nikolai thought it was just the coolest thing ever.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
              X