Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Not 1 rsvp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not 1 rsvp

I'm trying not to panic, but....my 12 year old is having his bday party (sleepover) on Sat. night. He invited 4 boys...and I haven't gotten a single rsvp from anyone yet. What...if no one comes???

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

some people for what ever reason dont rsvp.(rudeness) im sure kids will come!!!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Call. I'd call the parents to confirm. Maybe the invite got lost or they got busy. At DS's 9th birthday we invited 20 people and only 3 kids came. It was a horrible experience all around. (Probably one of the reasons I still have a grudge against this town. ) I feel better knowing that this has happened to a few other parents - although they had the sense to cancel and reschedule. People are too busy these days. Call. Better safe than sorry.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Call and ask!!!

I've had a b-day party where the only one who came was my neighbor!! I felt like THE biggest loser.

Call!
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
          I've even been known to occasionally say, "Oh! How nice of you to come! We weren't expecting you, but we can of course make room!" to one repeat offender whom I'll call MARI because that's her name.
          :>

Definitely call. It falls into two groups, IMO -- those that genuinely forget or lose the invitation and those that are rude. I have lost an invitation a few times and appreciate a phone call. My daughter steals off with them because she was the one invited, right? Anyway, I usually remember and can call to confirm the date/place/time but I don't mind a call.

If it if a few days before, I'll do that. I've also started asking people if they got a gift when I haven't received a thank you. That also drives me nuts. It's as much about knowing that something I paid for and sent got there as it is the thanking.

Comment

Andrew is so socially akward....and this is not the first time something like this has happened. We had a bday party in Kindergarten and invited his whole class. 3 boys ended up coming and one of them was sick...but I ran into the mom the day of the party and she felt so badly for Andrew that she brought her son anyway.

Andrew is such a sweetheart. I don't know why this happens to him. He's just not sporty and sophisticated

kris

Comment

Absolutely, definitely call the parents. You will have time to think of Plan B if for whatever reason, no one is able to come. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it would be for a 12 year old to have no one show up

Comment

I asked people to RSVP for my Christmas part which is next weekend. The deadline was today. I invited 40 - 0 responded.

Comment

We had the same problem with our Halloween party, 10 RSVP'd - close to 30 showed.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

These are exactly the things I freak out about as a new mom.

Does Andrew have a back-up plan just in case? Something stellar to look forward to?

I hope everything works out.

Jodi

Comment

Yesterday when Andrew came home from school, I broached the subject "It's a busy time of year, I haven't heard from anyone, etc" and he started laughing. "Mom, everyone is coming. I already talked to them.

I relaxed and hoped it was true...I still hadn't heard from anyone. The party starts in 30 minutes and 1 mom finally called to ask what time the party starts She apologized profusely and I told her it was ok...life gets busy, I understand. She told me if she were me she would have cancelled the party out of panic. I told her I had a plan B just in case and she mentioned that she had talked to someone else about it because she had been afrad to call me at this late time...they said "Kris? She's so laid back. She won't be mad. Just call her."

I felt so...good about that.

Anyway, they are all on their way.

Kris

Comment

Woohoo! I hope he has a blast. Happy birthday, Andrew! :ra:
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

they said "Kris? She's so laid back. She won't be mad. Just call her."

True!

Glad he's gonna have his party!!!
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Yeah!

Comment

I'm so glad it worked out fine! Nothing stresses a mom more that worrying about kid's heartache. I'm glad Andrew's doing great and I hope he has a fantastic sleepover!
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X