Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Food issues again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alison View Post
    Dh and I are wusses.
    I love you, but I know you're a wuss, which is why I'm *gently* telling you to make him knock it off. She'll only scream louder as she gets bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
      I love you, but I know you're a wuss, which is why I'm *gently* telling you to make him knock it off. She'll only scream louder as she gets bigger.
      Um yes - this would by why Sophie has worn the same shoes for days on end. Yesterday was the first time she wanted to wear something else. I just don't have the heart to argue about shoes. (Julie - I may have to send her your way for training though!)
      Kris

Comment

!
        Last edited by Momo; 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Or you can just send her to my house for a few days. I can train anyone and have a heart of stone (or at least everyone is convinced I do). I run the house like a true dictatorship. ))

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
            Or you can just send her to my house for a few days. I can train anyone and have a heart of stone (or at least everyone is convinced I do). I run the house like a true dictatorship. ))
            I may have to since her current taste in footware tends to sparkly, pink and adorned with flowers (all at the same time). It is beautiful once they are scuffed beyond recognition.
            Kris

Comment

DS really didn't eat much at all until he was way older than M, like close to 2! He just nursed. He has always been on the bigger end of the growth spectrum though, so I am sure it is more worrying if M is still tiny.
              Honestly I am not exaggerating when I say that he would go days without eating anything, and a good day was a few bites. He never took a second taste of any baby food that we tried. Or the cereal. He was just not into the spoon feeding. We skipped that whole stage and went to finger foods around 7 months. He mostly played with the food but occasionally ate some.
              If she is still growing on HER growth curve I'm sure she is fine.

Comment

That's also a good idea- try letting her 'feed' herself. and just so that you're prepared- she WILL choke when she starts eating real (even mushed up) food. It's heart-stopping but they all do it. Just make sure that she doesn't jam too much in at once- (doesn't sound like she's that kind of eater though). My nephew would stuff his mouth and then panic and spit it all back out. It was just gross.

Jenn

Comment

And be prepared -- it's MESSY. S is just gonna have to let some of his German go.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                    Um yes - this would by why Sophie has worn the same shoes for days on end. Yesterday was the first time she wanted to wear something else. I just don't have the heart to argue about shoes. (Julie - I may have to send her your way for training though!)
                    For this, I would just pick my battles. The shoes will eventually wear out, get too small, or otherwise become uncomfortable and she'll loose interest. I'd definitely nip the 7-up thing in the bud though.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      For this, I would just pick my battles. The shoes will eventually wear out, get too small, or otherwise become uncomfortable and she'll loose interest. I'd definitely nip the 7-up thing in the bud though.
                      Oh - I definately don't battle this. Way to much work. The only wanting to eat chicken nuggets? Meh. Running in the street? No Go.
                      Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X