Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I post here does it count as having done something related to health and fitness?
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
      If I post here does it count as having done something related to health and fitness?

Comment

• If I post here AND I'm doing it in my workout clothes - does that count?

There is a "class gym" here that I've been encouraged to try - so I signed up for a class on Tuesday you pay by the class or you can buy bundles of classes, or pay by the month, etc. I'm hoping it gives me some motivation - we'll see, I've never stuck with classes but I'm willing to try...
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
          Anyone interested in doing something for three-five days starting Monday for eating habits?
          Yes! Me!
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Anyone interested in doing something for three-five days starting Monday for eating habits?
            I'll be doing another Whole30 starting on Monday, and I will likely need handholding! (Whole30 = 30 days of non-inflammatory foods. basically just pastured animals and a shit-ton of plant matter...)

Comment

• Originally posted by BonBon View Post
              I'll be doing another Whole30 starting on Monday, and I will likely need handholding! (Whole30 = 30 days of non-inflammatory foods. basically just pastured animals and a shit-ton of plant matter...)
              Oh this sounds good. Is there a book or website? (I guess I could google... Cleansing is making me a little light headed!).

Comment

• Found it. Looks awesome. I think could totally do it except for the Greek yogurt thing. And I eat a lot of it! But maybe I'll try it with you. I'll be done with my cleanse by Monday and then I'm supposed to slowly reintroduce food groups anyhow. The only issue is that I'm having a terrible time finding great produce in my new city. I hate moving!!!

Comment

• Cleanse complete. It was awful, but I do feel good today. My skin looks amazing, and I'm down 8lbs.... Interested to see how much of that (if any) stays off.

Just had some pineapple (supposed to only eat fruit today). Feels strange in my stomach....

Comment

• What did you do? How many days? I'm off wheat and dairy today but have probably already blown sugar by putting almond milk on my coffee. I can't be held responsibly for my actions at 5:45 am though.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• I tried on my dress for BILs wedding last night to see if I need to have it hemmed now that I have shoes and it was snug - snugger then its supposed to be. Time to get back on the treadmill, less then 4 weeks!

I would also be interested in the cleanse specifics JDAZ11.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

What did you do? How many days? I'm off wheat and dairy today but have probably already blown sugar by putting almond milk on my coffee. I can't be held responsibly for my actions at 5:45 am though.
                        I did a three day blueprint cleanse - the first level (renovation, I think). It actually had a decent amount of sugar, and that always kept me away from it. My whole family recently did it and looked fantastic last time i saw them, so i figured i would give it a shot.

I liked all of the juices except the red #5 - I can't stand beets, and I just could not get that one down. You can have lemon/fruit infused water and herbal/green tea during the cleanse (although I realized that my fav tea from teavana that I'd been drinking constantly was black and not herbal... Oops).

I think I look better, but I had almost no energy during it. I had to really scale back workouts - so I'm not sure it was all that useful, except that it will hopefully help me stop drinking so much wine and cheating food wise a little too often.

Comment

• I ordered, but they sell the juices (unnumbered) at whole foods. It's hard to get enough for a three day at my WF - they sell out quickly - but you could likely get the 6 you need for a one day.

The downside (in addition to not eating for three days) is that it is $225 for a three day cleanse. Which sucks, but truthfully - the high price tag is the only thing that kept me from cheating!

You are supposed to prepare for it by cutting out caffeine, alcohol, meat, and dairy. I didn't really. I stopped having wine two days before (yes, I was literally drinking wine every night - so bad). Then today I am just supposed to eat fruit - and maybe some non starchy veggies like lettuce and cucumbers. Tomorrow I can eat fruits and veggies - they can be lightly steamed. Then fruits, veggies, nuts - and maybe carbs, but I don't eat carb except for the occasional quinoa. Then the next day meat and dairy.

Anyway, it was useful, but - as most things that work generally are.... It was quite painful.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I've been considering using a pre-packaged juice cleanse from a local company. It's http://www.gardenofflavor.com/ They sell six bottle/day cleanse mixes at the grocery store. They were one of our sponsors for an event, so I got to try a bunch of the juices and they were ok. Not awesome, but they are all veggie/no sugar so what can you expect??

I may try to do that for three days after a few days of just cutting out dairy/wheat/sugar as best I can. Caffeine is going to be harder. I hardly ever drink, so that's just a matter of not doing this when we've got social plans. I had a slice of bacon for breakfast so no meat isn't happening officially today, either.

The no energy thing. Ugh. I think maybe I should wait until I've cleared the caffeine. I'd imagine a caffeine crash along with no food has got to be brutal.
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

• It was brutal! I also think it would be a great thing to do when you have some sort of physical ailment and need a little break from working out really hard. It was a nice little break for my wrist and knee - both of which were bothering me last week.

Anyway, i think it would also be hard if you had to prepare food for kids the whole time. I only made DH food like three times - and it was horrible. I had one shelf in fridge just for my juice and didn't look at the others. The grocery store also sucked big time, and socializing was hard on Saturday night.

I'm really craving protein, so this all fruit and veggie day might be a failure.

Comment

• I've become a total protein hound since I steered away from wheat last year. I think that's good, but I can't imagine just fruits and veggies as a diet. I have friends that go raw for long periods of time. HOW??? I don't get it.

You aren't allowed beans or nuts? Something like that? At least spinach or something with iron, I'd think. I sometimes eat entire bags of frozen veggies for lunch.
                                Angie

Comment

Working...
                                X