Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fitness/Weightloss 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still using that jawbone bracelet (I think that's the one you were using...). I've been considering one now that I finally have a phone it would be compatible with. (Although I really wish I had one while I was preparing for my wedding - would be great to compare stats to that.).

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
      Are you still using that jawbone bracelet (I think that's the one you were using...). I've been considering one now that I finally have a phone it would be compatible with. (Although I really wish I had one while I was preparing for my wedding - would be great to compare stats to that.).
      I'm wearing my Jawbone up! If anyone else here is, PM me with your email address so I can add you to my "team"!
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Originally posted by poky View Post
        I'm wearing my Jawbone up! If anyone else here is, PM me with your email address so I can add you to my "team"!
        Ohhhhh there are teams. I may order one today... I feel badly things so close to the holidays, but that whole bathing suit thing..... Humm.

Comment

• I am still wearing it...I've been terrible about setting for sleep with travel this week though! Poky, I'll email you!

Comment

• Me too, LSW. Halloween did me in. And here comes Thanksgiving. And Christmas. Feeling bleak about this....

My exercise is still going well, but the diet is HORRIBLE. I really need a system that will get me through the winter. I'm thinking I might do my regular "healthy" eating with LoseIt tracking but add in one tracking free day a week for cookies and celebrations. As it is, I'm eating like a pig and hitting a juice cleanse for a day every 10 days because I feel so awful about it.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• This thread makes me feel guilty every time I see it. I haven't worked out in months--the most I've done is the painting this weekend that actually left me quite sore.

I'm going to say it now--if we match here, I'm doing the Dallas half next Dec. That's my goal.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• We need to start companion threads next year. A Thumbs Up weight loss! And a Boo Hiss weight loss thread... you never know what you are going to get when you pop in to this one. Someone's glowing success shared or someone's tale of falling off the wagon. I also click in (these days) with trepidation....
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  We need to start companion threads next year. A Thumbs Up weight loss! And a Boo Hiss weight loss thread... you never know what you are going to get when you pop in to this one. Someone's glowing success shared or someone's tale of falling off the wagon. I also click in (these days) with trepidation....
                  That is such a good idea!

It's a nice middle group between this and the individual threads (which I actually miss - I know others didn't like them, but man was I motivated when I kept that thread. A lot of that was not having a job, and having a wedding soon - but I really did well with public accountability). I love hearing about what is really working for people - it's very motivating.

Comment

• Speaking of motivation... I haven't even joined a new gym here yet. I've gone to studios for yoga and barre classes, and had been running outside and doing stairs on rainy days. But I do not have a routine at all anymore (it's cold, I can't take it. I can't even bring myself to go to hot yoga because I'm so put off by the idea of walking out soaking wet). What the heck is my problem. I LOVE working out, why can't I motivate myself to choose a gym? (Really I have a bunch of stuff at home - and so beyond a treadmill, pool, and an elliptical, I don't really need the equipment, but still. This is very unlike me).

Comment

• Oh - but I did start tracking my calories today. Using myfitness pal since I already had a bunch my go to foods saved in the app. Will see how it goes. I only have 500 calories left for today. (Those went fast!).

Comment

• So I had fell off the wagon hard for a few months and thought I would do 30 day shred last night.

Almost died. 6 months ago I would have been able to do level 3 and had no problem. Level one kicked my butt hard!!
                        Brandi
                        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• Due to the ever increasing hip pain I have from a past injury. I am going to try the bar method. Ballet, yoga and Pilates mix. Normally I hate this kind of stuff I like sweaty, nasty workouts. Now I feel like I am on the real house wives of St. Louis, but I can't hardly walk after working out my way. And this shit is expensive!! 210 a month. The owner could tell I was skeptical but assured me I would see results. Wish me luck
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

• Good luck Brandi! I'm a big bar method convert and my friend has literally transformed her body with cardio barre. Have you tried a class yet?

Comment

• Barre is amazing! My old gym offered a class that I adored, but a barre only gym is out of my price range right now. Anyway, I could even feel a huge difference just going once a week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

• Yes I love it. And no hip pain! But good lord is it expensive!
                                Brandi

Comment

Working...
                                X