Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

bake sale ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bake sale ideas?

okay...for those of you that have seen or tasted the cupcake pops/cheesecake balls/crack cookies aka oatmeal jam-ups....

(i have finally figured out, as of yesterday how to decorate to get a prettier look, btw. how painful!)

my friend's church is having a bakesale/yard sale. she offered to take the stuff and sell it for me. or i can go with her, which i will probably do...

what would you charge and for how many? and do you think it would be worth it? the supplies dont really cost much, and i think i could def make a profit?

TIA
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

This company: http://www.cakeballs.com/ charges $16 for a 1/2 dozen. That is probably a little high but I think $1/piece at the least, they are a lot of work!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

they are! and so are the pops. lol. yesterday i sat down with a couple extras and figured out diff ways of chocolate covering. much better...and with the kids in school the week before, i think i could bang out a fair amount. i just dont want to over due it, then be left with them. i SO don't need them in my house. lol!

Comment

If you have any left, I'll pay you for them and you can send them to me. Assuming I passed my glucose test this morning.

Comment

i just saw your FB update. sounds like a *super fun* morning!! sorry about that!!

Comment

I'd pick a price like $1 a piece and then depending on what other people are selling their items you can alway adjust your price up or down.

If you go you can always reduce the price the last 15 minutes or so to make sure you aren't left with tons left over!

Are these the same treats made by bakerella?
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Syl, you could do a booming iMSN business with the crack cookies. I'd like to put my order in now. Who needs to babysit when I can support you with cookie orders? Well, maybe not support you, but, you know.

Let me know if you want to, how much you'll charge, and I will paypal you the money.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I agree with the $1 each. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

I once entered a fondant covered cake I made in a bake sale along with some cookie bars. (Yes, I am a man that can make fondant...) The cake was pretty, but no one bought any of it, the cookie bars sold out right away...lesson learned for me anyway, fast n cheap...

RB

Comment

cheri and heidi, you crack me up.

MarissaNicole, yes from the bakerella website.

rocketboy, i would have been all over that cake!!! yummy!!!

i think i'll stick with "smaller" items, they're easier to eat while people are looking around at other stuff.

so, the cupcake pops, cheesecake balls, and cookies. the crack cookies that heidi is in love with and maybe some chocolate chunk cookies? i'll see how ambitious i feel. i'll package them up cute, and hope for the best.

thanks!

Comment

Can't wait to hear how it goes! Have fun.

Comment

Mmmm! Sounds like a LOT of good treats!
                        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Oh and another thing is if you don't sell them you could freeze them. I froze some a few months ago and they tasted just as good and looked just as good when I thawed them.

Comment

Working...
                          X