Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Old Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Favorites

I'm working from home today because we're getting even more dumptruck loads of stuff delivered and I just made myself the BEST damn sandwich.

You forget (or at least I do) how good just the basics are: wheat toast, mayo (real mayo- not that fake stuff,) fresh lettuce, a slice of cheese (provolone) and some left over roast chicken. Yum!

Any go to favorites that always taste good no matter what?

Jenn

Breakfast food - I love breakfast food - pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage...delish! Easy and always yummy!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Chicken cutlets with lemon are a huge hit in this house. So basic. I made a chocolate cake for the DH's birthday this weekend. It was fab. Chocolate cake with a glass of milk? Is that a classic?

Here's my favorite basic recipe: Take water. Boil. Pour through fresh coffee grounds. Filter. Drink.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Amen to that Angie- I've had the pot going all am.

J.

Comment

pot roast, roasted chicken, spaghetti, grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup. . . not all at the same time.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Friday night we were in the hospital cafeteria and I walked up to the grill and one of the med students in front of me was getting a grilled cheese with tomato. I said "wow that looks good I'll have one too". Then a surgical resident came up behind me and said "that looks comforting, I'll have one too" !!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Rotisserie chicken from the deli -- my family will devour one of those things and all I have to do is clean up. It doesn't get any yummier or easier.

My go-to for lunch is a fried egg sandwich. Eggcellent.
              -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                Here's my favorite basic recipe: Take water. Boil. Pour through fresh coffee grounds. Filter. Drink.

The breakfast of champions.
                -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  I have this every day. Lord help someone who crosses me if I cannot partake for some reason.
                  Kris

Comment

I do a simple version of taco salad a LOT. Brown meat (chicken, turkey, ground beef), drain, and dump on top of a bed of the following: lettuce (usually spinach for us), chips, tomatos, cheese, carrots (chopped), salsa, guac, sour cream. I usually dump half a jar of salsa on it because I'm a condiment junkie but it's soooo simple.
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Mashed potato pie. It's a bastard americanized version of Shepard's pie, but always evokes my mom. Mashed potato crust (top and bottom). Ground beef cooked with onion and Jane's Mixed up salt, corn, shredded cheddar, maybe some peas if I'm on a health kick

Comment

Working...
                      X