Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey

Bring on the leftover turkey ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! I ususally just make a soup.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I ususally make this soup, using leftover turkey instead of chicken

Chicken, Sausage & Rice Soup my very favorite soup of all time*

2 c chicken breast
    ¾ # sweet italian sausage links
    1 c diced onion
    2 t minced garlic
    4 T olive oil
    ½ c red wine
    4 c tomato juice
    ½ c diced red bell pepper
    3 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
    8 c chicken broth
    ¾ c raw white rice
    S & P to taste

Boil the sausage (and chicken too if you're not using leftover turkey), take out and slice into tiny pieces when cooked.
    Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft, then add the wine & tomato juice and bring to a boil. Add bell pepper, canned tomatoes and chicken broth, then return to a boil. Add rice, and let simmer until rice is cooked.
    Add meat after rice is cooked. Can simmer on low for hours if you want. Excellent w/grilled cheese.

Comment

Turkey and biscuits sounds good.

You could make quesadillas and put some shredded turkey in there. Or use it for enchiladas or nachos.

Comment

Turkey sandwich:
        Cranberry walnut bread or sourdough
        turkey
        mayo
        stuffing
        cranberry sauce
        a few greens
        I'm off to make one now!

Comment

I did turkey quesadillas, and yesterday I made a BBQ chicken pizza but just used turkey instead of chicken.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Turkey Omelets (these were a HIT!): Three egg omelets with shredded turkey, sauteed mushrooms, and herbed brie.

:yum:

Comment

I...am...getting...tired of the leftovers...
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I usually make a Chinese soup/porridge mixture, called "jook" or "congee," with the leftovers. After making a soup stock from the leftover turkey bones, add a cup or two of rice, a couple of slices of ginger, leftover turkey. Sometimes I'll throw in a ham hock too if I have it on hand. Simmer on low for a few hours until the mixture thickens like a porridge.

Serve with shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper. Simple but good.
                Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Annie. I have that cookbook and have made that in the past but sort of forgot about it. I made the Cook's Illustrated chicken w/ biscuits a few weeks ago and wasn't totally impressed. The one you posted is better, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X