Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello! (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! (again)

I joined this forum in 2006, but as a busy working lady, I did not find the time to be active on the boards. I am hoping that a few more years into this, and now as a busy mother, I may find some more time (and a few more reasons) to become more active on the site.

My DH is an emergency PGY2 near Detroit, MI. That puts us closer to family but further from friends and other loved ones. We were married in the summer before he began med-school so we have made this journey together - from the MCATs (and before) to now looking at places to apply for "real jobs". I became a mother in his intern year and our darling daughter is about to turn ONE (AH! where does the time go!!). We are half-way through residency and looking forward to the next step - and an ending to our "temporary poverty" (as I like to call it).

I often feel like I am saying to people, "...but that's not how it works in our house..." or "...we just can't do it that way..." because of my DH's crazy hours and preoccupations. I think that I need more support form other moms/wives who are going through the same thing. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Are there other people out there from my area? There are TONS of MD and DO training hospitals in the area (Beaumont, UM, DMC, Henry Ford, POH, etc., etc.) and I would love to get to know more people around here.

Welcome! Glad you found us! I can't think of anyone from Detroit, but we're not far (Chicago). Post often
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome back! And nice to meet you!
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome back.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome back!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hi!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! It's nice to meet you - you've definitely come to the right place! So exciting that you're getting so close to the end of residency!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome back!
                DH is a former Wayne State/DMC trained physician.

Comment

Welcome back!
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Hi!! Not near you but hope to get to know you better here. Post often.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Hello and welcome back!
                      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Welcome (back)! Looking forward to getting to know you.
                        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Welcome!
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hi,
                            You are welcome over here.
                            Hope you will enjoy over here.

Comment

Hi... also married to an EM resident (PGY3). We just had our first baby this year and we also got married right when he started med school - so like you, have been through it all. I really relate to what you wrote. Sometimes is so tiring to explain to people that "it just won't work that way for us" when they so kindly offer advice. I feel like no one understands who hasn't been through it. That's why I love this forum so much! Even my husband, who used to make fun of my "cyber friends," is starting to appreciate the support and information that I get here. I've read it written several times here that it really says something that there aren't support-group type forums out there for spouses of plumbers or teachers or computer analysts. We're a unique bunch with a unique set of challenges, for sure.

Welcome back.
                              Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Working...
                              X