Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Hi everybody! I'm also new around here! My boyfriend is a M4, and I cannot wait for match day! I'm so glad I found this resource! I've been quite worried about how our relationship will change once he's an intern. I work in medical publishing, so I know that it's not gonna be easy, but knowing is a lot different than experiencing...glad to know that ya'll are here to help
      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Glad you found us! Which specialty is your bf appyling to? Are you planning on moving with him or doing the long distance thing?
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

My hubby has MdPhd as well! We are moving to Los Angeles...one big city to another...

Comment

My bf is applying for general surgery. Funny, we just discussed what I would do last night! The plan is for me to try and move to wherever he goes, as long as I can find a job! We're currently doing a temporary long-distance thing while he has a rotation in a different city. We hate it already, and it's only been a few weeks, so he said that he'd like me to join him wherever he ends up. I'm happy to do so, since I've been looking for a change of scenery for a while now.
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
              My bf is applying for general surgery. Funny, we just discussed what I would do last night! The plan is for me to try and move to wherever he goes, as long as I can find a job! We're currently doing a temporary long-distance thing while he has a rotation in a different city. We hate it already, and it's only been a few weeks, so he said that he'd like me to join him wherever he ends up. I'm happy to do so, since I've been looking for a change of scenery for a while now.
              My DF and I did the long distance temporarily. He went on to first year of gen surg residency while I stayed behind and finished my MEd. A year later I followed. Good luck, and post often. There are a lot of people here who have BTDT.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello All!

Long time lurker! Just wanted to say how grateful I am to have found this forum. There is so much that I identify with and it is nice to have found a place where a lot of the same concerns/frustrations I have are expressed.

Comment

Welcome Mrs. Fit! Tell us more about yourself.
                      Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Hi! I'm Drew and my husband is a PGY-1 (almost PGY-2!) EM resident in NY. We live on Long Island and moved here from Louisiana. Culture shock doesn't even begin to explain our first year here...
                        So glad to to find this resource and look forward to making connections!

Comment

Welcome!!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Welcome!
                            Jen
                            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

hi, I'm new to this forum. My fiance finished residency in internal med last year and is working as a hospitalist in Philadelphia for 2 years before going to fellowship. I thought once residency ended things would be so much better, but there's still a lot of stress. I'm glad I found another place to connect with people
                                -TR

Comment

Working...
                                X