Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is the race really this close? Who do you think will win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless there has been some type of censure, it can be difficult to glean much info from whatever is online about individual judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiens View Post
      Millions of dollars have been spent on both sides of the issue, and I keep thinking "wow, instead of spending that millions on advertising, you could have donated it to our educational system."
      This is pretty much how I'm feeling about the whole damn election at this point, regardless of the issue, party, person - blah blah blah. The Super PACs are out of control. The amount of money spent on this election is OUT OF CONTROL. It could have gone to SO many better causes, its just sad. I have no idea who is going to win I just hope its a fair election and EVERY vote, regardless of party, is counted.

I have to say I miss Portland right about now when they just mailed me my ballot, I filled it out and mailed it back! I'm not looking forward to fighting the crowds tomorrow but I will.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
        This is pretty much how I'm feeling about the whole damn election at this point, regardless of the issue, party, person - blah blah blah. The Super PACs are out of control. The amount of money spent on this election is OUT OF CONTROL. It could have gone to SO many better causes, its just sad. I have no idea who is going to win I just hope its a fair election and EVERY vote, regardless of party, is counted.

I have to say I miss Portland right about now when they just mailed me my ballot, I filled it out and mailed it back! I'm not looking forward to fighting the crowds tomorrow but I will.
        They don't offer you mail-in ballots? Bummer!!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh you can apply for an absentee ballot - but in Portland (OR'rs correct me if I'm wrong) they mail EVERYONE their ballot - you fill it out, seal it, sign the envelope and mail it back. No lines, nothing and its all automatic.

We have early voting here, or you could apply for an absentee (DH did) so there are options I just like the automatic part of it in OR!

Comment

I like making time for voting. I don't mind a line. It makes me feel like I'm standing up and doing a good thing. Problem is that I've never had to stand in line to vote! I almost want to say I did it! I want to brag about some sort of sacrifice, but that has never happened in my 16 years of voting.
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

They've had really long lines in FL for early voting. I'm hoping they're not too bad tomorrow morning. DH and I are going to try to go before work.
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Ahh, gotcha.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I've wondered how voting will be conducted in NJ and NY. Has anything been reported?
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

And the voter rates in OR are MUCH higher then the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                      I've wondered how voting will be conducted in NJ and NY. Has anything been reported?
                      I have not heard about the badly hit areas, but they said there were schools that still weren't open in NY due to damage but if they were scheduled to be a voting location they would be open even if it meant running generators.

Comment

WA is vote by mail, too. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                          Oh you can apply for an absentee ballot - but in Portland (OR'rs correct me if I'm wrong) they mail EVERYONE their ballot - you fill it out, seal it, sign the envelope and mail it back. No lines, nothing and its all automatic.

We have early voting here, or you could apply for an absentee (DH did) so there are options I just like the automatic part of it in OR!
                          Yep, Oregon is entirely vote-by-mail. I voted two weeks ago . I love vote-by-mail. While it would be a great civic lesson to drag my kids to the polls, I am really happy I don't have to do that. We get a voter's pamphlet ahead of our ballots so we have a chance to read about candidates and the various ballot measures. Very convenient.
                          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe View Post
                            Yep, Oregon is entirely vote-by-mail. I voted two weeks ago . I love vote-by-mail. While it would be a great civic lesson to drag my kids to the polls, I am really happy I don't have to do that. We get a voter's pamphlet ahead of our ballots so we have a chance to read about candidates and the various ballot measures. Very convenient.
                            Yes to all of this. Love vote-by-mail!
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

In Oregon, they also mail you a voter pamphlet that has every issue and candidate in it, and anything anybody was willing to pay to say in the pamphlet for or against; it's a really easy way to see who likes and dislikes various things, and what their arguments are. I was kinda floored when I moved here and there's no such thing; it kinda sucks.
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I remember preparing to vote in Ohio, poring over sites like the League of Women Voters and being frustrated that the state didn't provide a pamphlet! We have a pamphlet here, along with the vote by mail. I did my civics lesson by A) not letting the kids disturb me while I voted, "Shh! I really need to pay attention because I need to make an informed choice and be involved in our government!" and B) letting DS vote in the statewide mock election.
                                Alison

Comment

Working...
                                X