Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is the race really this close? Who do you think will win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like elections and I actually like fb debates as long as everyone is respectful. I have two old HS friends that are in COMPLETELY different sides of politics and it has been really fun to watch them debate, poke fun at each other, etc but they've always been respectful and that is what is key for me.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
      I like elections and I actually like fb debates as long as everyone is respectful. I have two old HS friends that are in COMPLETELY different sides of politics and it has been really fun to watch them debate, poke fun at each other, etc but they've always been respectful and that is what is key for me.
      I love that. One of my HS friends is crazy progressive. He actually makes me look pretty conservative, if you can even imagine. Andy is pretty great about weaving that line of exasperated honest comments with gentle point-making when discussing topics with low information voter friends. He makes his point without dickishness.

Comment

I'm really close to losing my sh** on a certain college professor. I love him and his wife, but he goes WAY TOO FAR with politics. My MIL joked about how she voted "smart" for republicans and he went on a tirade about "what only smart people vote for Romney?" implying all sorts of class and racist crap.

How about, no idiot, if you don't think your vote was the "smart" choice then obviously you did a craptastic job of voting. I wouldn't freak out anyone who said the "smart choice" was a Democrat. That's half the nation.

And of course, you cannot post on his wall. He blocks it.
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have put a shit ton of people set to "ignore posts" until after the election. I actually like political debates, but some people are wholly incapable of actually debating their opinions in anything resembling a reasonable discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
            I have put a shit ton of people set to "ignore posts" until after the election. I actually like political debates, but some people are wholly incapable of actually debating their opinions in anything resembling a reasonable discussion.
            Word. I don't have a Facebook page but can't hang out with certain people as much during election season.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
              This totally. I don't mind a good political debate with educated people. I'm sorry, but "you're just wrong" is not a valid argument. It's okay to have different values that lead to different political views, but it irks me when people are "stupid" if they don't agree with you...just makes you look ignorant.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                This totally. I don't mind a good political debate with educated people. I'm sorry, but "you're just wrong" is not a valid argument. It's okay to have different values that lead to different political views, but it irks me when people are "stupid" if they don't agree with you...just makes you look ignorant.
                That is precisely what drives me bonkers. It's intellectually lazy.

Comment

Do the political ads end at midnight? I saw one today I hadn't seen before, and wondered if it was saved or if I just lucked out. Does an ad TODAY change someone's mind? How bout only only PSAs that say, "Go Vote.".
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

OMFG - I am dying here! I just got back from voting and someone I knew from back in my hippy-dippy college activist days is on the ballot as the Green Party's VP. I laughed and texted the ex about it, knowing that he would find it amusing!
                    Kris

Comment

My sister is running for city council, apparently! She posted a picture of her ballot with her name and one other (and two write-in spots) under "pick no more than 2" - of course, this is city council of a town with a population of about 60, but still, pretty cool that she got to vote for herself!
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I saw this earlier today and remembered it when you said your sister had photographed her ballot.

http://www.propublica.org/article/why-it-may-be-illegal-to-instagram-your-ballot

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          Do the political ads end at midnight? I saw one today I hadn't seen before, and wondered if it was saved or if I just lucked out. Does an ad TODAY change someone's mind? How bout only only PSAs that say, "Go Vote.".
                          I couldn't help myself today. I had to mess with people a little by posting on FB that I was still undecided today. Who the heck could still be undecided today after 2 years of this freak show?
                          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I have to post this from my friend's FB. Her DD is 5yrs old and DS is 2 yrs old.

The best voting questions of the day:
                            Lily: What is voting? Is that when you row a boat?
                            Luke: Is this where the presents are? Where's the birthday party?

Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                              . . . it irks me when people are "stupid" if they don't agree with you...just makes you look ignorant.
                              Try being a Republican and just being called racist.

In 2008, I posted a lot here during the run-up to the election. I love politics. But the last 4 years have completely changed me. It's not a reflection on this forum, but on the political atmosphere in general. I rarely talk to anyone about politics. I know what I think and I vote consistently and I don't try to engage anyone ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                                Try being a Republican and just being called racist.

In 2008, I posted a lot here during the run-up to the election. I love politics. But the last 4 years have completely changed me. It's not a reflection on this forum, but on the political atmosphere in general. I rarely talk to anyone about politics. I know what I think and I vote consistently and I don't try to engage anyone ever.
                                I wish my mother would take that advice. She never fails to talk politics with me even though we don't agree much. Drives me crazy, because she feels that I am intolerant if I don't want to listen to her rant against democrats.
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X