Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accessory help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a cute dress but unless available in petite, I'd worry about where the hem line will hit your legs. Chiffon is very hard to alter.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks for your input. I wish I were taller!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
        Gotcha. Thanks for your input. I wish I were taller!
        You and me both. But at least I'm comfortable in high heels.

Comment

The chiffon dress is great! It fits me really well and hides some problem areas while accentuating my shoulders and neckline.

Any ideas on how to accessorize it? It's so colorful that I have no idea what kind of bracelet to go with. Simple? My wedding ring is platinum. The shrug i got for the yellow/white dress is very very white against it. But the style is great.

What about shoes? I haven't had the chance to look, but a brown sandal wedge would be alright, no?

Comment

Definitely NO on the brown wedges. They will bring the dress way down. You need a thinner heel. If you can't handle anything too tall, go for a kitten height. Something strappy would be great. As for jewelry, I'd keep it light and simple. You can definitely mix metals and do several bangles in both yellow and white.

Comment

Thank you!

What about a shrug? Should I go with the tan/beige color versus the white one that I bought? Or a different color entirely--like navy?

Can you give me some examples of shoes...? I'm a little worries about strappy, because of my cankles. B

Comment

And what kind of bra do you wear under something like this? Strapless, right?

Comment

See I would wear a scarf (dark colour, navy or black) and some really nice sandals, and some jewellery - silver. Hair up, earrings, mani/pedi.

Comment

I found some strappy sandals on the Nordstrom site. Naturalizer metallic. Let's see if I can fit my sausage feet into them.

I would prefer an actual shrug or sweater, and not a scarf. With dd around, scarfs are a little higher maintenance than I'd like.

Comment

oh lol, I understand very well!

Comment

Zappos has some nice low heel dress sandals in wide width if the Nordstrom ones don't work.

I understand your reservation about a scarf/shawl but it'll be very hard to find a sweater/shrug that works with that dress. Chiffon is very light and airy and a sweater will be heavy looking and officy. I'll try to find something in silk.

This one gave me an idea, http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tarnish-...esultback=2372

What about getting a scarf and tying two ends to make a shrug?
                        Last edited by Vishenka69; 06-05-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Veeeeery cool! I see what you're saying about a shrug tightening the look up a bit too much. Yes! Please do give me some color suggestions or examples of a scarf that I rig into a sweater.

I found these shoes:
                          http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/naturali...r&resultback=0

Now I'm starting to think about wearing this to my bil's wedding in July.

Do I wear a bra under this??? I'm a little worried that dd will try to get at my boobs. She doesn't breast feed, but is going through a nipple phase right now.

Comment

Cute shoes. Try a convertible bra with a halter strap that should give you more support than just strapless. Don't have any advice for DD, as mine is going through the same phase. Good thing, they're easily distracted at this age. May be a cheap necklace to redirect her attention?

I'll look around for scarfs but anything silk or chiffon without too much pattern but incorporating the colors in the dress should work.

Comment

Oh my gosh, the Nordstrom sandals are super comfy. They're called Naturalizer "Prissy" if anyone is looking for strappy heels. They aren't what I would normally pick out, but oh my... So comfy!!!

Comment

I actually tried those on the other day. I wish they'd fit me better.
                                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                                X