Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey Overseas Travellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Overseas Travellers

So, I just got a thing from the Federal Courts regarding a class action lawsuit in relation to the credit card fees charged for overseas transactions from 1996-2006. According to the information, we can receive between 1 and 3 percents of the SALES back. Debit card and ATM withdrawals also count.

So, I know what I spent in Ireland, Italy, and Russia. I'm sure some of you have spent lots more.

I have the web address if anyone is interested.

Jenn

Re: Hey Overseas Travellers

Huh. We haven't gotten a letter...but then, our address has changed. Was it only certain cards, or all of them?
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Look at option three- on the website it says that if you have reasonable documentation of the trip, (i.e. a travel diary or scrapbook) that will suffice, if you can't provide the documentation.

I called the credit card companies and am getting the statements though. Your mom could call if necessary.

and it's 1-3% back from the fees and the fees were upwards of as much as 9% of the sales.

For me, it's still a significant amount.

Jenn

PS- my husband will never ever doubt me for my travel scrapbooks again. I have EVERY receipt from EVERY trip. and I'm still getting the statements in case I forgot one.

Comment

Poky-

it says Visa, MasterCard and Diner's card used, plus ATM cards.

Jenn

Comment

We got that too!

I have done that on other suits and get nada. :huh: I'll try this one though. We don't have receipts so I'll go for the $25.

Comment

got it too...and we've moved more times than I would like to admit.
            not sure what to do. I don't have receipts. Will the credit card companies provide me with statements that far back? We took 2 trips to turkey during that time, in 97 and 05. My FIL got it too and they've travel extensively every year and should get a nice chunk of $$ but who knows if they will go through the effort to get a refund.

Comment

Hmm, I didn't get this letter and SO and I went to Europe for a month in 2005...? Where can I go for this?

Comment

I got the letter. I thought it was a phishing type hoax and chucked the thing out.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Hm. Of course, if it just came in the last couple days, it's entirely possible it came and I just didn't see it because, duh, I'm NOT HOME. I'll have to remember to ask DH if he saw it when I talk to him tomorrow. Sounds like something either one of us might have thrown out at first glance, though...darn it. That time period encompasses probably three trips to Europe for us. Two for *sure*. And I still have the credit card statements.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

My credit card company (for a closed credit card) are providing me w/ statements for 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005.

Jenn

Comment

Hey Alison, if you go the website, I bet you can still make the claim!

Jenn

Comment

I got this at work the other day for my boss's business card. He travels to overseas a ton for work and I can honestly say I am not looking forward to digging through years of statments.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Jenn, what's the website. I never got any paperwork for this and we always charge tons on credit cards and use ATMs.

Comment

I did option number two, since number three seemed like way too much work, and just opting for $25 seemed like I would be shortchanging us. Number two though only gives 1%, whereas #3 gives 1-3%. I haven't mailed it yet though in case anyone has strong feelings about not doing #2 ( not that kind of #2).
                            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

My thought was that we have until May so those F-ers at the credit card companies certainly did well with MY money so I'm getting absolutely EVERY penny I can back from the bastids.

But, no, I don't have any strong opinions!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X