Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

June Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
    June should be a good month for us. DH is off this weekend and next, and we're planning a trip to Dallas to visit friends next weekend. In July, he starts PGY2, and he'll move to the university hospital, where he'll start getting a more traditional residency experience. (They do their intern year here at a private hospital.) It'll be tough, but we're both kind of looking forward to it, since he'll finally get started with training in anesthesiology. Not looking forward to the schedule, but definitely looking forward to him gaining more confidence in his chosen field.

My job is going well. I'm pretty optimistic that they're going to move me into more of a developer position, which will be a million times more interesting than being a business analyst. I'm bored out of my mind writing documentation - ready to get my hands dirty in code... Yeah, I'm still a developer at heart!
    The first part of CA-1 year was great! Dh had a long string of free weekends. We were able to reconnect after a rough intern year. Not that I'd like to go back, but... here's to a great year for the both of you!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Thanks! He doesn't start taking call until July 22 (our 9th anniversary), so we'll have a few weekends next month, too. Overall, anesthesiology really is a great lifestyle specialty!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
        Thanks! He doesn't start taking call until July 22 (our 9th anniversary), so we'll have a few weekends next month, too. Overall, anesthesiology really is a great lifestyle specialty!
        That's great! That means he'll have the July 4th weekend off, right?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Hubby starts his senior year of residency. Just looking at the month of June schedule it doesn't look too bad. He works one Saturday and one Sunday.

He wants me to get a temp job working full time hours for summer. But my mom is going to have to get a part time job so she can't keep the kids 5 days a week. But he doesn't want to pay full time childcare for three kids. Excuse me while I just whip up a nanny who will work for free. LOL
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
            That's great! That means he'll have the July 4th weekend off, right?
            That's right - so glad to have at least one holiday off together! One of the residents had a great 4th of July party last year. We're hoping they don't schedule him on call for that weekend so he'll have another one this year...
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
              Excuse me while I just whip up a nanny who will work for free. LOL
              Ha ha ha ha!!!!

Our June isn't too different. July is the start of the last residency year. So fellowship apps are in our future. Chief year (all 3 residents are chief at the 3 hospitals) starts July 1 with backup call - maybe q2 though. Probably one week on one week off. Not too bad since it's just back up.

I'm going to a conference in Ft Walton Beach FL in June and my parents and sister/BIL are meeting us there to watch the boys for me.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                You mentioned this in another thread and I was like, "WHAAAA?" Did we know that? Congrats!!
                About the baby?? LOL! I never did a official post because it started out by me asking everyone on here if my pregnancy test was "really" positive or just maybe positive. LOL! Turns out the faintest little light is really a line! haha Anyways, thank you! I'm due 11/9.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                  About the baby?? LOL! I never did a official post because it started out by me asking everyone on here if my pregnancy test was "really" positive or just maybe positive. LOL! Turns out the faintest little light is really a line! haha Anyways, thank you! I'm due 11/9.
                  Oh, now I remember, sorry. For some reason you weren't among the "pregnant iMSNers" in my brain, maybe because you didn't need to do a big announcement. Yay Scorpios! I think I already said that back then! LOL.
                  Alison

Comment

Hmm...was waiting for hubby to call to tell me he was on his way. So I called him myself. And he said he was on call. "I thought you knew" I pointed out that he hadn't said anything about being on call so how would I know. Dork.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                      Oh, now I remember, sorry. For some reason you weren't among the "pregnant iMSNers" in my brain, maybe because you didn't need to do a big announcement. Yay Scorpios! I think I already said that back then! LOL.
                      With all the med school graduation stuff (4/4), moving from AZ to TX (temporarily), driving from TX to NC to house hunt, and ohhh the morning sickness......... I've shamefully been MIA most of April and May. I think Lily said something about my Scorpio baby. I'm scared!!! LOL!!!
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

We are crazy busy around here.

- 6/4 is my last day of gainful employment
                        - 6/5-6/6 we are having a rummage sale
                        - 6/7 is our neighborhood block party/good-bye party
                        - 6/12 is DS's last day of school
                        - 6/13 I am passing DS off to my mom for a few days. This requires a 2 hr drive in each direction.
                        - 6/13 my SIL is coming to help with the move and the baby
                        - 6/15 the movers are loading the truck and we are driving off into the sunset.
                        - 6/16 the other movers will be unloading the truck and we will be taking some things to a storage unit.
                        - 6/17 DH needs to get his ID photo take and a few other details at the hospital
                        - 6/17 My parents are bringing DS to the new location
                        - 6/23 DH starts orientation.

There are a few other things scheduled randomly in there once we arrive in the new locale (TB testing and reading etc).

Mostly I just want this month to go smoothly and get settled in a rythym.
                        Kris

Comment

This month I am randomly subbing until the 18th. I am also trying to finish up my pottery before we move and pack up the whole apartment! DH is graduating from intern year on the 9th but he still has to work until the 23rd(which is when orientation starts). So we will be leaving Boston on the 23rd after work, and driving all night to arrive in Chicago on the 24th. Then DH starts his orientation on the 25th. I hope we can make it!
                          Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

After months and months of stress with Patrick's ex, ending in a massive victory yesterday in court, we are looking forward to a few uneventful months. This has been going on since February, and now we can breathe again. DH is still buried in surgeries, but I am forcing him to take a week off in both July and August. He NEEDS a break!! July we're taking the kids to the beach, then in August they will be at camp for a week, and he and I are going to the beach just the two of us for 5 days! I am counting down the days.
                            Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM.
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                              We are crazy busy around here.

- 6/4 is my last day of gainful employment
                              - 6/5-6/6 we are having a rummage sale
                              - 6/7 is our neighborhood block party/good-bye party
                              - 6/12 is DS's last day of school
                              - 6/13 I am passing DS off to my mom for a few days. This requires a 2 hr drive in each direction.
                              - 6/13 my SIL is coming to help with the move and the baby
                              - 6/15 the movers are loading the truck and we are driving off into the sunset.
                              - 6/16 the other movers will be unloading the truck and we will be taking some things to a storage unit.
                              - 6/17 DH needs to get his ID photo take and a few other details at the hospital
                              - 6/17 My parents are bringing DS to the new location
                              - 6/23 DH starts orientation.
                              Whew, just reading that makes me tired. Best wishes for a safe and stress free move!

Comment

Yes reading all this makes me so glad we are not moving this year. Or at least if we do it will be a very local move (still deciding).
                                Good luck and traveling vibes to all the movers!

Comment

Working...
                                X