Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iMSN "Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few years ago, a bunch of us changed our user names (BTW, it was fun, but a mess - wouldn't recommend that we do it again). And, truth be told, I am a little unimaginative and all I could think of at the time was that I was living with a bunch of cute little people with a myriad of personalities (grumpy, happy, sleepy, etc) who I was continually cleaning up after and cooking for, all the while waiting for the love of my life to show up (from the hospital that is). Hence SnowWhite. Now, I have totally morphed into Grumpy.

Comment

When I first joined message boards, anonymity is what appealed to me. I felt like I could share and be candid. Janedoe let me remain anonymous, for a while.

In the back of mind too was one of my favorite movies- Fletch. In the movie, Chevy Chase's character wrote a column in the newspaper under the name Jane Doe.
      Last edited by JaneDoe; 09-16-2009, 08:23 AM.
      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I used to be "goofy" before the great name change event. I think that was more appropriate. I am goofy. When we changed names, my daughter was in the play Arabian Nights. I thought the character of Sheherezade was a great role model -someone that could avoid getting her head chopped off through cleverness and imagination. I'd like to be Sheherezade. (So far the name hasn't made me any more clever or imaginative than I was as goofy. *sigh* Still waiting!)

Since then, I've found that the name is rarely taken on websites so I don't have to remember too many user names when I bop around the web. Apparently, there are a lot more "goofy" people out there than "Sheherezades".
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Re: iMSN "Names

I'm from Bama... Most of my screen names make me appear conceited and/or pompous so I figured I'd change it up a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chrisada- My first name Christine shortened to Chris. And my middle name is Ada. I think sometimes people think my real name is Chrisada though!

Comment

Wow - these stories are great!
              At the time, DH was doing an IM and Peds residency. So, I was a medpeds spouse. Not very witty - but this was my first foray into forums....it actually is my only forum.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by i.am.Bama View Post
                I'm from Bama... Most of my screen names make me appear conceited and/or pompous so I figured I'd change it up a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Until I realized you were from Alabama I thought your name had something to do with Obama...
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

DCJenn-

With STUNNING originality: because I'm Jenn from DC. Although I was jloreine for the first few years which is my name, Jennifer Loreine.

I should change it to SAJENN but I still haven't changed my cell phone from the DC area code, either.

Jenn

Comment

Mine's pretty obvious if you are from the midwest. I'm one of "those" Texans who went to Oklahoma for school

I picked GrayMatterWife because my husband is a neurosurgeon and plays in gray matter all day
                    Haha--I thought it was a reference to the "gray" areas you deal with as a lawyer.

And I had no idea that PinkPickles had that "other meaning" Urban dictionary is always pretty crude--look up your first name. I was horrified when I looked up mine.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                      And I had no idea that PinkPickles had that "other meaning" Urban dictionary is always pretty crude--look up your first name. I was horrified when I looked up mine.

HAHA, thats hilarious. Though I just looked my real name up and #1-6 I rather enjoyed. 7-12, not so much
                      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

My original screen name here was the one I've used all over the place. But at one point we had a poster whose actions here were suspicious, and some of our members e-stalked her screen name and turned up other message board memberships and blogs and things. This made me uncomfortable about my name being able to be tied to other activities that way, so I requested the change. I had just adopted this ridiculous dog and had a great photo of her that I could use as an avatar, so I chose her as my iMSN "front".
                        Alison

Comment

I have been "ShrinkJamie" for years, ever since I started grad school. I worked with a psychiatrist whose name was James, and everyone called him Shrink Jim. I loved that so much, I "borrowed" it for my name. Everyone jokes that therapists are "shrinks", and so I think it fits.
                          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

This thread is great I am seaside*bliss due to my love for the beach/ocean/sea. I love all things coastal I am a little obsessed and feel the most like myself when I am near the beach! It feels like home... hopefully someday I will be able to call it home...
                            Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Malpka is the Polish word for monkey. DH ws born in Poland, and sometimes calls teh kids malpka
                              Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Pollyanna because I have a bit of a pollyanna attitude toward life plus it is one of my favorite Disney movies.
                                Tara
                                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                                X