Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shout out to Trader Joes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shout out to Trader Joes

Does anyone want to guess how much $$$ DH and I just spent there an hour ago?!? Yikes.

We are now polishing off some bakalava and gingerbread coffee from TJ's. I am in heaven!
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

No TJ's here
      but I can say I've been once. In north carolina...and loved it.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

We're going to Chicago for Christmas--I'm looking forward to hitting up a Trader Joes then
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'll be carting home two bags full of TJs goodies as my carryon when we come back to TX after Christmas.

J.

Comment

We live 10 minutes from a Trader Joes. I don't know what I will do if DH matches far from one. Oddly enough it took me two years before I even went into it. I would pass by and think, "What is that?"

Comment

Four words: Dark Chocolate Covered Cranberries.

Comment

I'm eating their holiday peppermint chocolate cookies as I type. Yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                  I'm eating their holiday peppermint chocolate cookies as I type. Yummy.
                  Hurumph!! I don't know why I torture myself reading this thread. Enjoy your cookies, so jealous.
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I actually made a run there today just for their freakin cookies and orange chicken. I swear it's better than the Chinese we have here, and the first time I made it DH thought I had ordered out.
                    Last edited by Chrisada; 11-22-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I'm headed there this morning!!
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                        I actually made a run there today just for their freakin cookies and orange chicken. I swear it's better than the Chinese we have here, and the first time I made it DH thought I had ordered out.
                        Love the orange chicken; get a couple bags every time we go; it's the go-to easy/relatively quick dinner around here. Did you try the cranberry chevre while you were there? Last two times I've been to the one near me, they've had it out in slices on crackers at the wine-tasting stand. SO GOOD; the sweet of the cranberry balances out the tang of the cheese just perfectly. We're going to take some to DH's parents for Thanksgiving.
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                          Love the orange chicken; get a couple bags every time we go; it's the go-to easy/relatively quick dinner around here. Did you try the cranberry chevre while you were there? Last two times I've been to the one near me, they've had it out in slices on crackers at the wine-tasting stand. SO GOOD; the sweet of the cranberry balances out the tang of the cheese just perfectly. We're going to take some to DH's parents for Thanksgiving.
                          I saw it, picked it up, and said, "What is this?" and kept moving. Now that I know it's good I might pick some up for my family coming in town. I'm sure my mom would love it. And the orange chicken I just throw on top of their frozen brown rice. Perfection.

Comment

I can't even express how happy I am right now.

So, I just got a package in the mail from my best friend who thought that we deserved some "Trader Joe's Love" she sent us a bunch of goodies including the yummy Peppermint Joe-Joes...hee hee. Yummy!!
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

OMG - my friend just sent this to me after I emailed her about our new TJ's grocery service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdB7GDZY3Pk

It's billed as "the commercial I'd make for Trader Joe's" ... it's hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                                OMG - my friend just sent this to me after I emailed her about our new TJ's grocery service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdB7GDZY3Pk

It's billed as "the commercial I'd make for Trader Joe's" ... it's hillarious.
                                That was the best! And wow, I have never seen something that makes your cart just stop! Our Trader Joe definitely does not have all that going on. And I love how they will open a bag of anything and let you taste it.

Comment

Working...
                                X