Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shout out to Trader Joes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so you guys motivated me yesterday to pick up some of the orange chicken. We really don't usually do prepared foods (price, quality are usually gross) but you have made us BELIEVERS in the orange chicken. I grabbed some and put it over quinoa last night. YUM!! Definitely now on the permanent shopping list for TJs. Also, I think there's enough sauce that you could totally mix in some veggies as well. DELISH.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Is the Orange Chicken in the frozen foods?

Comment

Yup.

Comment

We have 10 bags of it in our freezer right now! The kids LOVE the orange chicken. Yummmy....I think it'll have to be on the menu for tonight.
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            Also, I think there's enough sauce that you could totally mix in some veggies as well. DELISH.
            I usually mix in cooked broccoli w/ the chicken and sauce, and serve over rice.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
              OMG - my friend just sent this to me after I emailed her about our new TJ's grocery service

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdB7GDZY3Pk

It's billed as "the commercial I'd make for Trader Joe's" ... it's hillarious.
              OMG Jenn, that was awesome!! So funny!!!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                I usually mix in cooked broccoli w/ the chicken and sauce, and serve over rice.
                Perfect, fantastic idea Jane! I could also see some cut up red peppers or snow peas.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Can I just say that I am in heaven right now?!? Eating TJ's sweet potatoes with walnuts and cranberries....soooooooo good!
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Seriously.

J.

Comment

They opened one about 15 minutes from my house about a year ago and I FINALLY decided to go check out what all the fuss was about on Wednesday. Well worth the trip is all I can say.

I felt like I was in chocolate heaven! I got dark chocolate covered cranberries, dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts, peppermint jojo cookies, chocolate covered peppermint jojos, and to feel somewhat healthy I tossed in some fresh pineapple.

Consider me a fellow TJ junkie!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That's it, I am going tomorrow. And that orange chicken is on my list! (I might just be nice and get J those peppermint JoJo things you have been bragging about too.
                        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                          Love the orange chicken; get a couple bags every time we go; it's the go-to easy/relatively quick dinner around here. Did you try the cranberry chevre while you were there? Last two times I've been to the one near me, they've had it out in slices on crackers at the wine-tasting stand. SO GOOD; the sweet of the cranberry balances out the tang of the cheese just perfectly. We're going to take some to DH's parents for Thanksgiving.
                          I bought some-- any suggestions to go with it? Anything more exciting than plain crackers?
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Just went to TJ, I can not find the peppermint JoeJoes anywhere... AHHHH Help me, where are they found out in the store?
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We don't have them in yet.
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

They're only seasonal.

Comment

Working...
                                X