Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Years Day Food Traditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day Food Traditions

Do you have a special meal you must eat on New Year's Day?

I have to have Blackeyed peas, Collard or Mustard Greens, and Pork. I always make my peas and greens the same, but often change up the pork. This year I am making a pulled pork recipe from Emeril Lagasse. I finished the rub and it is in the fridge. I'm now making the mop sauce and BBQ sauce. I'll try to cut & paste the recipe.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

My ILs always do the black eyed peas...which I still have not grown to like. So, they serve me 12 - one for each month.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

That is cute!!!!
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My MIL made lentil soup the year they spent new year's with us, and said it was traditional.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

For Russians it's not officially New Year without Olivie, it's a winter salad of sorts (no fresh veggies except for may be scallion). It's a pain to make, so I only do it once a year. It's eaten for dinner on 31st and then finished for breakfast/lunch on the 1st.

Comment

From my haitian side of the family, we always start the New Year off with a special squash soup. I haven't had in a few years since we have celebrated in various places but when I smell it, I always think of the start of a new year.
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I love any kind of squash soup!!! Please share the recipe if you have it.
              Luanne

Comment

Bloody Marys. Of course, they're traditional for every holiday.

I just hosted a really fun Build YOur Own Bloody Mary party today- had most of the food made by a local place and just heated it up. I got a ham and served mini breads and mustards and horseradish. Got rid of all of the Christmas Cookies and we had coffee, beer, sodas and sparkling waters for additional drink options.

One of my neighbors made a Black Eyed Pea Salsa (only in San Antonio!) which was delicious on the empanadas and tamales we served.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                  I love any kind of squash soup!!! Please share the recipe if you have it.
                  I'll have to ask my mother or godmother for the recipe and send it over.
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                  X