Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you know the most about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know the most about?

I'm not very social - in large groups of people, I usually wish I could go read a book by myself in the corner. My 6-year-old niece, on the other hand, likes to go from person to person and pose an interesting, thought-provoking question.

So, I ask you one of hers: What do you know the most about? She says you can only say one or two things, but I say you can give up to 5 answers.

My answer:

1. Myself (I mean, since I've lived with myself my whole life)
    2. Love
    3. Caring for children
    4. Reading and writing

My mom's answer: growing things. My dad's answer: chiropractic, tennis, and nutrition. My SO didn't answer, but my answer for her would be: connecting with diverse people, medicine, adapting to diverse environments, and teaching.

1. DS1
    2. DD1
    3. DD2
    4. DS2
    5.I am one of those that's often described as knowing something about a lot of varying things. What I'd give to be a true expert on something!! However, this has made it easy for me to connect & contribute to all sorts of fascinating discussions/conversations. Not so much on line, but in IRL! I loathe typing

Comment

Ooh fun question!

1. Baby sleep (although I'm terrible at getting them to do it!)
      2. DH
      3. My kids
      4. Books
      5. Movies
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

1. My dd and dh
        2. Sailing
        3. Biotech/pharmaceuticals (it's boring but I've done it for 7 years)
        4. Novice/slow marathon training
        5. Traveling/living in E Africa (compared to most Americans, clearly not more than someone born there)
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hmm. . . I'll have to give that some more thought. I'll probably have to come back to edit my response but off the top of my head:

1. My children, but not parenting. I'm just muddling my way through like everyone else.
          2. Reform Judiasm and my family geneology
          3. real estate law.
          4. My mother
          5. Jewelry and the business of making, buying and selling jewelry
          Last edited by MrsK; 09-09-2012, 11:38 AM.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hmmm, it's always been my experience that the more I learn about something the more I realize how little about that topic I actually know, lol. But I do know my kiddos and husband better than anyone else.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

1. DH
              2. My three boys
              3. How to teach someone to sing
              4. How to speak to/teach groups of middle-school kids
              5. How to live life with (or in spite of) DH's schedule without being bitter about it!
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

1. I guess I need to include my family, I have known DH side we were 16
                2. Catholicism, though I'm no expert
                3. Severe weather, but no expert
                4. NFP. Again no expert but I want to get certified and teach someday. For now I'll stick to grassroots awareness
                5. European history with a focus on the Reformation. That was my fun degree in college

Fun question!
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

1-weather. Not an expert but spent 4 years in college learning it
                  2- hair coloring. Also went to school to learn that
                  3-medical billing. Not happy to know this but running a medical practice has forced me too.
                  4-southern cooking. Raised and born southern
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

1) Counseling/Psychology
                    2) All things Portland and Oregon
                    3) How to apply to grad school and navigate the "Publish or Perish" academia bullshit.
                    4) The suckage that is divorce and family court, custody, child support, etc.
                    5) Computers
                    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Nonverbal communication -- Being very hard of hearing means I "read" body language to help add context to what little I hear. I can spot a liar a mile away because their body language disagrees with whatever is coming out of their mouth.

Comment

Am I really the only one who feels like she knows a whole lot about nothing? I don't even know myself that well!
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                          Am I really the only one who feels like she knows a whole lot about nothing? I don't even know myself that well!
                          Hi! You're not alone I feel like I am an expert on DH though!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                            Nope... I feel like this all the time and thus hadn't responded to this thread. This is actually the one thing that I really don't like about myself, that I really feel I don't have something that I am an "expert" at or extremely knowledgeable about.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Whew, I was starting to worry! We can all be "experts of not being experts".
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X