Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Little boy dies at Pittsburgh Zoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little boy dies at Pittsburgh Zoo

Did you hear about the little boy that fell into a wild dog exhibit at the Pittsburgh Zoo today? http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...rgh-zoo/nSxFp/ So very sad. DH's picked up our little one like that before at the zoo. Never again. I can't imagine the pain of the parents.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

I hadn't heard how he fell, can you imagine what that mother is going through?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Gah, how awful! One of the reasons I'm weary of having children is because I'm afraid of what can go wrong

Comment

Apparently the mother was the one that put him up on the railing. That was the painful part to read. I didn't know animals like that will pounce on anything.

Comment

This might be worse than the nanny murders.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Arg! I haven't read it. I'll have nightmares.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Terrible.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

How awful. That poor family.

Comment

Wow. That's horrendous.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Very sad. When we were in Germany this summer, we went to the zoo. I'm not the biggest fan of them, because I'm kind of scared of animals escaping. I was always thinking that the setup of the zoo in Germany would never fly in the US. The orangutan enclosure had pathways overhead that were simply wire cage-like tunnels for the animals to run through. Orangutan shit was all over the floors where we were walking.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I am a TOTAL freak when DH lifts our kids up to see wild animals and there is no glass. I'm a big fan of glass.

This is such a horrible story. So preventable and surreal. Imagine saying "my child was mauled by wild dogs at a zoo" for the rest of your life.

Awful!
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                        Very sad. When we were in Germany this summer, we went to the zoo. I'm not the biggest fan of them, because I'm kind of scared of animals escaping. I was always thinking that the setup of the zoo in Germany would never fly in the US. The orangutan enclosure had pathways overhead that were simply wire cage-like tunnels for the animals to run through. Orangutan shit was all over the floors where we were walking.
                        They don't even have tunnels in the national zoo-- they just walk overhead from one part of the zoo to another. When the chimps do this, the keepers are on the ground (about 40' under the chimps) warning people to watch for falling shit. Yuk!!
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I seem to recall about 3 months ago several chimps did escape from a German Zoo. I don't know if it's the same one as the one you guys are talking about but here is the video I saw. Only it was the original video with laughing from the camera person who was visiting the Zoo and not this clip of the origional video being aired with what sounds like a german broadcaster.

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I would have run like hell had I seen that go down!

Comment

this is so tragic!

Comment

Working...
                              X