Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Little boy dies at Pittsburgh Zoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been having nightmares about this one too. The other day, I was flipping out because MILK agreed to get us a family zoo membership for the holidays . . . so she'll want to take the kids to the zoo. . . and she never listens to what I say . . . and the kids cannot see over the hippo enclosure. . . next thing you know, I'm hysterical because I am worried that my children will be mauled by a hippo. Moms worry about these things.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      I've been having nightmares about this one too. The other day, I was flipping out because MILK agreed to get us a family zoo membership for the holidays . . . so she'll want to take the kids to the zoo. . . and she never listens to what I say . . . and the kids cannot see over the hippo enclosure. . . next thing you know, I'm hysterical because I am worried that my children will be mauled by a hippo. Moms worry about these things.
      Does she check email? Can you send her a link to this news article?
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
        I completely understand MrsK. I worry when my kids stand on a balcony...because you never know when they will collapse...or when the railing that is bolted into the wall will fail...or....Yep I would flip out if someone tried to hold my kiddo up by an animal enclosure.

My sweet husband is so patient with my irrational fears (but are they really irrational...)
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
          Does she check email? Can you send her a link to this news article?
          You know, I've done that with lots of things. . . . like articles about the necessity of carseats. And she still asks me if it's okay to take them without a carseat "just this once" or "since we are in Florida" or because "it's just a couple blocks away." There's no point. I think I'm going to have to just accept that it's unlikely that my children will be mauled by hippos. That, and hold their hands at the zoo.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Just to add to the hysteria (Why yes, this is my contribution to the world today!), my husband just attended a funeral of one of his nurses who fell to her death when she leaned up against the railing of a balcony and it gave way while on vacation.

My work is done here.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is terrible. Where was it? A hotel?
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                Just to add to the hysteria (Why yes, this is my contribution to the world today!), my husband just attended a funeral of one of his nurses who fell to her death when she leaned up against the railing of a balcony and it gave way while on vacation.

My work is done here.
                See, see!!! My fears are not irrational!! I can now continue with my crazy, thanks Kelly
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We were just at the zoo this last weekend and I was horrified bc I heard two families say (at separate times-- two different families) "don't fall in or you might get eaten!". As they were holding their kids up To see over the top of the enclosure. One was at the big cats, the other at some meerkats or something. I was just shocked. I guess they didn't hear the story originally.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                  X