Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FB issues anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB issues anyone?

Last night I discovered when I was trying to tag pictures that 2 of my facebook friends had unfriended me. I know them well enough to ask them what happened . FB suggests them to me and when I click on their profile I'm not their friend. We have exchanged screenshots and I am listed as their friend. These are not random people they are people that I know pretty welll. Is anyone else having this issue?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

FB has been glitchy as hell for the last few weeks.

Comment

Mine has also been glitchy, I haven't noticed any friends issues but I keep getting notifications for posts that aren't there, etc.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I haven't noticed that yet. Have you asked your friends about it yet? I've always wondered if I still have all the same friends. I can't keep track with so many of them. I hope FB doesn't start deleting people randomly. I'd never know who was 'lost.'
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

We exchanged screenshots. I'm their friend but they aren't on my list etc
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I've had problems with that for years. Good friends of mine would randomly disappear off of my friend list, and I'd have to refriend them again.
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Oh noooos. Maybe call customer service? Kidding!

Can they post on your wall?
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I think it's related to the new changes where they're trying to charge companies for people to see their feeds. It seems to be messing up the entire site. It's just a guess, but I started having issues as soon as small businesses I frequent began to inform me of the changes.
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I've been having issues too and I've had the one with friends before where we're suddenly not friends (and no one unfriended each other). It's annoying but it seems to die down and go back to normal after a while.
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm having issues where it says I'm not a member of LDW group, but I'm on the member list (and can see myself from my account on the list). Bizarre!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

This has happened to me a few times before and it resolved itself after about a week each time.

Comment

You could install social fixer as a Facebook add on. It won't fix the problem but it does track your friends and unfriending so at least you would know if they randomly drop you again. It's got a lot if great options and gives you more control over the Facebook interface.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          I think it's related to the new changes where they're trying to charge companies for people to see their feeds. It seems to be messing up the entire site. It's just a guess, but I started having issues as soon as small businesses I frequent began to inform me of the changes.
                          This.

I've also been offered to pay $7 to promote my post in others news feeds and I'm just a regular profile. Some of my other friends have complained of this as well. Also I've started seeing ads in my feed for facebook pages I haven't liked. It's posted in my feed as a suggested page kinda of like those ads we see on the right hand side but this is in the middle of my feed. So now I'm not getting to see all my friends updates in my news feed because they have to pay $7 to promote it but I AM getting to see ads that look like facebook posts from facebook pages that are suggested to me that I haven't liked. Makes sense right?

Also facebook is changing the comments section by only showing certain comments and ranking them by the most likes. Why do they always have to be tinkering around with some feature? I went from MySpace to facebook because of the clean easy to read simplicity of it. Every time they change things it gets all glitchy and annoys the heck out of people.

Facebook I want my friends back: Link
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Exhibit A of what I'm talking about. This is an example of the ads showing up in my news feed now instead of my friends posts.

34teq2r.jpg
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I don't get those at all. Nor have I been hit up for any paid promoting. Huh.
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X