Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FB issues anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
    I don't get those at all. Nor have I been hit up for any paid promoting. Huh.
    They're rolling it out very slowly like they did with timeline. It's irritating. Now, even if you set your friends to "show all posts" they still don't get shown.

Comment

This just makes me sad. Facebook used to be fun, and I enjoyed seeing what old friends were up to. I taught my less-than-technically-inclined family members how to go on there so they could see my kids' pictures. Like the article said, I would pay them a reasonable subscription fee for a working, mostly ad-free program. As it used to be, it was worth paying for.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Yep I have found I can look at it on my phone and 5 minutes later look at it on my computer and half of the posts I see on my phone or vice versa aren't there. I'm also seeing posts made from phones showing up on walls of people I'm not friends with - not my wall but theirs if I search someone but that makes me wonder if security settings are different if you post it from your phone...
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I agree LM.

Cinderella, I get those DealDash posts in my feed every day, sometimes multiple times a day. And what's worse, older family members who only barely understand how to use FB are now facing these same things and not understanding what they are since they're built to look like part of your regular feed. I've seen older family members "like" some of those ads more than once. It also really bugs me (and maybe there's a way to turn this off) that it won't show status updates from certain friends but with others it will show "Jane has posted a comment on Bob's photo" and there's Bob's photo in the middle of my newsfeed when I have no clue who Bob is. I've seen that trip up a few older family members as well.
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I wonder if we select the drop down menu option on the ad to "report it as spam" if it will stop. I doubt it. I'm just annoyed I don't get to see all of my friends facebook posts anymore in my news feed and I'm being forced to see more invasive ads of things I'm not liking or have nothing to do with on facebook for the most part. It seems contradictory to what founder Mark Zuckerberg has maintained is his company's mission for facebook, "Keeping people connected."
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
              I wonder if we select the drop down menu option on the ad to "report it as spam" if it will stop. I doubt it. I'm just annoyed I don't get to see all of my friends facebook posts anymore in my news feed and I'm being forced to see more invasive ads of things I'm not liking or have nothing to do with on facebook for the most part. It seems contradictory to what founder Mark Zuckerberg has maintained is his company's mission for facebook, "Keeping people connected."
              I've reported a couple things as spam after they showed up in my news feed repeatedly, despite my marking them as "never show"... it does actually seem to be working for me.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

^ Ok, I tried it then. I reported it as spam and selected other as the option and wrote in my rant about taking away facebook friends posts by forcing them to have to pay to promote status updates and replacing them with invasive ads in my news feed.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Scratch that... it just came back! Damn FB.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

The friendships were restored as of last night.....its so weird.

On my cell phone, roughly every 5th post is an ad right now that I have to scroll down past. I'm also really annoyed by not seeing posts in my feed. I found out that a friend had a miscarriage from someone else because their post didn't show up. grumble grumble.
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

So ads are showing up on mobile too. Hmm.

I just clicked on my friends button to see how it looks now. It's changed to two columns instead of the squares with multiple friends across and down. You can still edit the options and setting on each friend the same.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Hm - are you looking at facebook.com or a mobile app? If I didn't love FB so much - especially seeing all my friend's little ones, I would say "adios"!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I was on facebook.com when I looked at the changes made. Is it still the same on mobile?
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Another thing I just noticed that's been going on for awhile and I don't see the point of it is: My friend in Texas created an Event for Thanksgiving and invited people on her facebook. There are like 8 people most I don't know. I don't understand why I need to see in my news feed what dish she's bringing to the Thanksgiving pot luck when the event has nothing to do with me and obviously I'm not attending it. I wasn't even invited.

Sometimes for no reason at all I'll see in my news feed what my friends post on a wall in a group they've joined, or what they write on a wall of a page they've liked, or what they write on a wall to an event they're going to. It doesn't make any sense to me. If I was also part of that group, fb fan page, or event then I could understand why I'd also see it because they're my friend and we're connected in that way, but when it has nothing to do with me why does it have to be in my news feed facebook?
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                            X