Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Good News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheri
    Just think we were sitting there chatting away last night and you had no idea!
    I know! I was thinking that, too!

If you need any med school planning help feel free to ask me - we got married the summer after my husband's 3rd year and planned long distance, we live in Cali and got married in Kansas.
    I'm sure I will! We'll be planning an Illinois wedding from New York.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Cool ring, Julie! My setting is a similar tension setting (I hadn't heard of it referred to as a hammer setting before). I love it because it doesn't snag on clothes, nylons, etc.

And what a great story behind the ring. I guess I am jumping the gun here, but if you have kids someday, that's the sort of thing they love to hear about!

Beautiful! Congratulations again!

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
        Cool ring, Julie! My setting is a similar tension setting (I hadn't heard of it referred to as a hammer setting before). I love it because it doesn't snag on clothes, nylons, etc.
        I think "hammer set" refers to the side stones. The center stone isn't a true tension setting because that bar underneath actually holds it together, but I was definitely looking for something that wouldn't snag, so this one fits the bill.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! I love your ring, too--I think it's really neat when you have something that has such a history behind it!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
            I really fell in love with sapphires while I was exploring that option.
            Me too, I love sapphire rings!! I recently gave my husband a not-so-subtle hint that I'm pining for a sapphire ring.

Anyway, your ring is gorgeous, I like the tension setting too. That's wonderful that it's been in your family and is so meaningful to you. If you're anything like I was when we first got engaged, you probably can't stop looking at it on your finger!

My best friend and 2 of her sisters all got married in Chicago, so if you're looking for ideas for places in the city let me know.

Enjoy the wedding-planning, and definitely keep us posted on your progress! Congratulations again.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Congratulations, Julie! We are all very happy for you. What an exciting time in your life. And just think we were just chatting about indian food last night right before you were engaged!

Comment

Julie, that is so SWEET!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                  Julie, that is so SWEET!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
                  Congratulations to YOU! And good luck with the pending delivery--I'm sure it will go well.

Comment

Congratulations, Julie!! You must be thrilled. I never knew what euphoria was until my husband proposed.

Happy planning!

Comment

Julie-Congratulations on entering this new and exciting phase of your life!

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

I just noticed that Julie's sig said she was engaged and....when did this happen? I must have missed this post!

CONGRATU-freakin-LATIONS!

That is awesome! I'm very happy for you! And any pics of my wedding you want to see again I'll be more than happy to pull out! I need more excuses to show them off!

The ring you posted is beautiful and I'm sure yours looks even better!

Congrats!
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks Michele and everyone!

Comment

Working...
                          X