Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

poor poor me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor poor me

thursday am, as i walked out to my car to get some cereal in my birks , i slipped on the ice and broke my wrist in 3 places. i had to call dh out of class to come take me to the hospital, where i spent from 1030 til 7 going from er to radiology to ortho to the hand clinic and finally to ob... i get a cast on tues and they'll decide then if i'll need surgery to set it all properly. the good news is that my mom is coming here tonight, so at least someone can change the babies' diapers, etc.!

i broke my right wrist, and i am sooo right handed! oh well-- the ice here never melts!

poor me!!!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Oh Peggy...I'm sooo sorry to hear this. You must be in so much pain...can you take any medications other than Tylenol? PM me your mailing address....this calls for a care package!!!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That's terrible Peggy! I hope your wrist heals up very soon! I'm so slow--I re-read your post several times trying to figure out why you would put cereal in your birks, I don't think my brain is functioning properly these days .
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That's terrible! I hope you don't need surgery, and thank goodness your mom is coming. Ice can be so nasty. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
          I'm so slow--I re-read your post several times trying to figure out why you would put cereal in your birks, I don't think my brain is functioning properly these days .
          Me too!

Peggy that really stinks! I hope that you don't need surgery and that it heals very quickly. That's great that your mom is coming to visit and help out. Feel better soon!

Comment

Oh, Peggy, I am so sorry! I am glad that your mom is able to come, though. Rest and heal up quickly!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ice is bad. I hope you heal quickly.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

i'm feeling a bit better today-- thanks! they did give me some tylenol 3 (with codeine) and i took that until i was too sick from it; now i'm getting by on tylenol!

my mom has caught us up in dishes and tidying the kitchen, and now she's tackling the laundry! things are definitely looking up!

(i thought the cereal in the car thing was confusing, but what happened was that i got in the bad habit of leaving my non-perishables in the car until dh could unload them for me, and this particular day he didn't do that... he feels so guilty!)
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Poor you for real. That is terrible- you really didnt need any additional aches/pains/stress at this point. When do you get the cast off?
                  Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I'm so sorry for you. Hope you get better soon.
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Peggy,

That bites! Take care of you and get better soon.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sorry about your fall! Take this opportunity to get some rest!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Working...
                        X